Scott LT110 basic trouble shooting questions

analog addict

Glory or Death!
I recently picked up a Scott LT-110 tube tuner and started working on it. I rehabbed the power supply so that the voltages listed on the schematic were up to snuff. I also went through all the tubes and they checked out good. I've hooked up a basic T type antenna to it, and can't seem to get even a peep out of it. I've also been through the caps and replaced anything out of spec. Now what???? Any suggestions would be more than welcome.

BTW, this is a kit tuner, and the section under the actual tuning mechanism looks a bit sketchy to me, but being a tuner novice, I don't even recognize some of these parts....Shown is the underside of Ti and the 6BQ7A and 6U8.

I had no sound with my 350 when I bought it 5 years ago: the 6BQ7 and the 6U8 were in the wrong sockets. I had some static sound however.

I guess too that if one of is shot, you'd get no signal at all.

Hope it helps a little.

great tuners.Ive got 2-LT-110's ,one working well in my hhscott system and the other I bought on that site that arrived damaged{got full refund}but the faceplate it pooched on it.That one needs work now so will be going to my tech.
A good tech will get it up and running in no time im sure..good luck

Hunter

Do you get anything when you plug an audio cable into the mono multiplex jack on the multiplex chassis? That would at least rule out the multiplex chassis as a culprit.

Do you get anything when you plug an audio cable into the mono multiplex jack on the multiplex chassis? That would at least rule out the multiplex chassis as a culprit.

Good question. I'll give that a try. Thanks for the suggestion...

I can get a reception on one FM station via the mono Multiplex section. So that appears to be functioning to some degree. Does that mean I have an issue with the amplification section?

Well, I took the tuna over to Dennis Had's shop, and within a few minutes, he had it working. I wish I could distill and sell all the tube know how in his head. He says that FM tunas are not all that different from HAM tunas, just different freq.

Radio was radio back in the day, just different frequencies and methods of modulation

Back
Top Bottom