Yamaha A-S501 vs R-N602

BenH.

I'm starting to upgrade our stereo system. I picked up a pair of Klipsch KG 4's and changed out the tweeters for Crites titanium. Now I'm looking to replace the 10 - 12 year old Pioneer surround sound receiver. So I want a 2.1 set up that I can listen to internet radio sources. The FM reception with our attic antenna is lack luster, and our local classical station streams its broadcast. So I'd like to try internet radio rather than antenna most of the time. I'd also like to listen to music in iTunes off my macbook. This receiver or amp will be connected to a turntable, CD player, DVD/TV. The system will get used primarily audio from DVD/TV and maybe an hour a day listening to music. I'm considering the Yamaha A-S501 vs Yamaha R-N602. Any advice would be appreciated.

The a s501 is an integrated amp with no internet capabilities. It's what I use in my bedroom for TV and music .I have my tv ,Apple tv and my cd/dvd player connected to it . For internet radio I use my iPad or my iPod connected with an RCA / headphone jack cable . I was thinking about getting the R N602 for the living room but I thought about possibly having surround sound later on ,so I picked up a Yamaha RX A 720 . I'm currently using the 720 in 3.1 mode . It has all the capabilities of the r n602 except for the phono stage and music cast.

Thanks for the advice. I'm considering the Marantz PM6005 also. I'm rethinking if I need to have a network connection. There are probably a ways to connect my Macbook to the receiver/integrated amplifier so I can listen to live radio online.

Back
Top Bottom