SAE Repair

willep74

can anyone point me in the direction of a reputable SAE repair shop? All the local repair shops I have gone to are reluctant to touch it, SAE P101 with a bad channel. I have offered to waive any damage claims, but still can't get a shop to touch it.

any help is appreciated!!

thanks!

If you scroll down the page, there are banner ads for several shops.
BTW, what's wrong with it?

took it to a repair place in Spokane on 8/2014 and just picked it up on 2/5/2016! took that long to find the replacement I/C chips. had all 4 replaced as well as a complete recap. this thing sounds awesome now. currently hooked up to my ATI 1502 and driving my ads L570 ii. now all I need is a 3 letter source! :)

That VPI turntable is calling, they are much better than the BIC and BSR tables. But if the VPI is a bit out of range, JVC made some nice tables. Gonna need a ZYX cartridge for that table and since these are Low Output, maybe a phono pre from NAD or even better, BAT.

Lots of choices for the phono. What other sources do we need to find a three-letter brand to supply? CDP and Tuner-NAD.

Oh, thanks for the follow-up your preamp. Are the ICs no longer available or just hard to find? I'm guessing you kept the ones pulled out, just in case.

That VPI turntable is calling, they are much better than the BIC and BSR tables. But if the VPI is a bit out of range, JVC made some nice tables. Gonna need a ZYX cartridge for that table and since these are Low Output, maybe a phono pre from NAD or even better, BAT.

Lots of choices for the phono. What other sources do we need to find a three-letter brand to supply? CDP and Tuner-NAD.

Oh, thanks for the follow-up your preamp. Are the ICs no longer available or just hard to find? I'm guessing you kept the ones pulled out, just in case.
nope, threw them away, they were fried. once the tech recapped the boards the ICs went shortly after, or so he said.
ICs for that particular model, P101, are no longer available and had to be scavenged. apparently really hard to find since they are a 3 prong and not a 4 or 8. they were a Texas Instruments IC, all 4 of them. I think the pre was hit by a power surge, at least that's what I gathered from the original owner. he said there was a storm and the next day the amp was dead. so he chucked the amp and kept the tuner and pre. I have the tuner, really wish I had the amp.

already have the feelers out for an NAD CDP. thanks for the input on the 3 letter source! :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom