How are there now only 9 pages of New Posts each day? Used to be in the 30s

That is the same page! poster for poster & title for title the same as resent post first page. If your deeper in the pages it's like a refresh button for that page because there is always a new post being added on page one.
That is precisely my point,,,,,, recent posts is "supposed" to be a snapshot of recent activity and is normally set at some value and on many forums displayed in a sidebar on the main page.
New posts, however, on many forums, is just that, new posts since you last visited.
This site has both links, but they appear to do the same thing.

Not to beat the dead horse, but why when I answer a thread, or post a new one, then click on the New Posts link, they are nowhere to be found? I know there are many members posting, but not enough to push a new post off the 9 page limit.

Another related question on Alerts. I notice that I get alerted about new entries to a thread, but only for about a day or 2, then never again. When I look at some, there are pages of entries since my last alert. Am I missing how this functionality works?

Let me see if I can clarify New vs. Recent...

upload_2016-2-8_11-28-58.png

Recent Posts:

upload_2016-2-8_11-28-32.png

Very subtle difference.

New Posts show new posts, excluding posts you have recently viewed or posted in.

Recent Posts shows new posts including posts you have recently viewed or posted in.

Have to keep in mind also that the new/recent posts feature is simply a function of the search engine. In essence, show the last (X) posts in the forum, ordered by date, descending. All that the New Posts feature does is filter out those posts you have viewed already.

Where do I find the Recent Posts Link? Both your examples show the New Post link
Never mind, I found it. intuitively on the other side of the screen and not next to New Posts where one might expect it.

Back
Top Bottom