Spent the last 2 weeks binge-watching Game of Thrones

prisoners

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I enjoyed it very much. There's a lot of violence and quite a bit of cruelty, but almost all of it occurs as an integral part of development rather than being gratuitous. The entire cast is very good with several polarizing figures that the viewer will probably change thier opinion of as the story goes on. Well worth the time and effort to follow closely.

My brother and I got hooked in to watching this show on one of those replays HBO does before the start of a new season. A LOT going on in this series that makes knowing the back story from the previous episodes so important. I also like George RR Martin as a writer and I think he's doing a great job here. Definitely keeps you guessing.

Congrats!
I think it's a great show with a great cast.
I got my son and wife watching it and now we are all looking forward to next season.

I've been reading the books. I'm on the most recent one now, which is the 5th in the series.

The watching comes after.

I'd like to watch the series, but would prefer to finish the books first. I was impatient awhile ago for more books to be made available. Now, it's been so long I'd probably have to reread the previous books before reading a new one.

Anyone who has both read the books and watched the series, how do you feel about the series? How closely does it follow the books and do they do a credible job?

Reading the books is absolutely on my to-do list. We crammed upwards of a dozen people into my friends apartment for the finale. Its clearly not for kids. At all. But its refreshing to have such a good, well done, well acted show in TV. This coming from a person though who hasn't had cable in years so take that with a grain of salt I suppose.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I also recently binge watched the show over a two week period and think that as of the end of the last season it's becoming tiresome, overdrawn and contrived. As though they just want to keep spinning it out, forever.

I was pretty upset at the wedding scene. That was my favorite clan and I was really hoping they would come out with some sort of victory/stability. Pretty much the only reason I still watch is Tyrion Lannister.

I'd like to watch the series, but would prefer to finish the books first. I was impatient awhile ago for more books to be made available. Now, it's been so long I'd probably have to reread the previous books before reading a new one.

Anyone who has both read the books and watched the series, how do you feel about the series? How closely does it follow the books and do they do a credible job?

The first season was a very faithful rendition of the first book. There have been some fairly minor divergences since then (and a few not-so-minor), but the series and books are still on the same path (unlike, say, True Blood). George R. R. Martin has been very involved with the series, so don't worry about things going too far off the rails. This will actually be the first season without an episode written by Martin, as he seems to be actually trying to get the sixth book done in a semi-reasonable timeframe.

The depths of Ramsey's depravity continue...

He has grown into the role and is a superb villain. Although to be fair, he was pretty good early on too -

il_fullxfull.899540088_pv9j.jpg

As in any movie offering being inspired by a book much of the story is lost due to the transfer to movie format. Merrick must have lost a lot of of hair trying to choose what to keep and what to toss.:)

For the main part the story line has been kept. Having read the books, I have a deeper appreciation for the characters and how the plots twist and turn, but time is the biggest enemy of the producer/screen writers trying to keep to the original story and keep the essence of what made the book so popular in the first place.

There are times I wished that I had NOT read the books as a lot of the anticipation is lost knowing how things are going to play out. On the other hand, I really enjoy seeing the people in the books come to life on the screen.

The acting for the most part is in keeping with the characters in the book, and the ability of the actors have done a superb job of playing them to the hilt.

R.R. the author has created a most believable medieval world, and with it all the realism that make audiences craving for more.

Q2

Yeah it was amazing. I've watched Battle of the Bastards about three or four times already.

Back
Top Bottom