Overly bright set up: audiolab 8000a with mission 751

tpasch

I'm kind of new in the audio game. I recently installed my first proper set up: an Audiolab 8000a with Mission 751's. I play music through spotify premium (yes, I know) with a V-dac II connected to my Macbook. I mostly listen to alternative pop/rock.
I found the whole set up to be overly bright and after a short while of listening very fatiguing and even causing slight headache. Now I'm looking to replace one link in about the same price class to reach a warmer sound, I'd say my budget is around $400 and I mostly buy second hand. I do prefer a set up that doesn't color the music to much and is very detailed. That's why I settled on this set up in the first place, but it ended up being way to bright for comfortable listening.
I could replace the audiolab 8000a with for example a Nad c350
I could replace the Mission's for something warmer like a Dynaudio 40.
Or I could replace the V-dac II for example an Arcam Irdac, but I guess that will make the least difference.
Which peace of gear would you recommend keeping and which one would you recommend replacing? And with what? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Do you have an EQ? if so try adjusting it a little bit. if i get my 8 and 16kHz slider up to high it starts to sound very sharp and bright aswell.

Back
Top Bottom