Yabadabado - It's the New England Summer Jam FrankenFest - Saturday June 25th in Clinton, MA

w1jim

I can fix it but good...
Subscriber
New England Summer Jam FrankenFest Saturday June 25th in Clinton, MA

It's time for the SUMMER JAM GTG at our customary location at Franks shop

55 Sterling Street
Clinton Ma 01510

Just over the railroad tracks.

I'd like to encourage everyone who's coming to put a link to this post in their signature line - spread the word.

We as usual, need to be careful about parking - we don't want to use the lot across the street but we can park in front (as usual) and there is a lot around back on Parker Street.

We'll start around 11AM and go until around 5-6 PM.

These events run smoothly with people taking more responsibility for bringing food and cleaning up afterwards.
Let's keep that up!

The swap / sell / freebie tables will be a given as usual and people can bring their favorite toys and systems to set up.
No charges or fees for anyone to buy, sell, or display - we do it for the love. :banana:.

As usual, we're not sure at this time what space will be available to us - I'll try to give Frank a call or he can post here as the time approaches.

Just take your unsold treasure home with you, don't load up Frank's dumpster.

Please spread the word to anyone and everyone in the New England area to attend - AK involvement isn't a requirement, although typically a given.

All that is required is an obsessive interest in all things audio - that's our common bond.

As per AK rules, please don't post your for sale items here - I'll start a Barter Town thread (visible only to subscribers / hint-hint) in a few days.

Here's the link to the barter town thread:

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index....nfest-for-sale-trade-free-thread-6-25.715512/

Last edited:
What? I still owe LexDM3 money from the last fest! Oh well....time to start saving (again). Can't freakin' wait....

Looking forward to it!
Thinking of bringing the AR LST-2's to demo this time. I'll need a hernia belt lifting them!

Can't wait! Should be fun as always. Just a matter of determining what to bring... :idea:

I am thinking of bringing my Fairchild 275's and my newly acquired Mcshaned/Warded HK Deuce (Thanks Kolledog!) - I would like to experience some other TOTL vintage tube amps, If anyone with some vintage iron would like to commit I will drag these along for comparison -

Think
Mac 275 vs Modded HK Deuce
or
Eico-Acrosound 60 vs Fairchild 275

Not to Thread jack , but I Just posted some Info for the Flea at MIT .here in the events section.
Seems that Marketing isn't their strong suit because people I meet who are into electronics, tech, audio and DIY have never heard of the event despite the fact that it's been in existence for decades.
so I'm venting my frustration with their lackluster ability to reach out to get folks to attend by being unsolicited Marketing support. Like AK's Frankenfest, it's always nice when there are new folks in attendance it makes for more interesting conversations, additional trading buddies, and more people to shoot the shit with about our sick little addiction.

Audio in particular isn't capturing the imagination of 16-25 year olds as it did when most of us were young. Getting a stereo was a right of passage. Those days are LONG gone.

I'd post something about The Boston Audio Society too, but I still can't figure out what they do , or when they do it. They seem to be stuck in the 70's on the whole outreach, promotion and marketing of their "society" Maybe I'm wrong but I just can't see paying membership "dues" when they "don't" appear to do much of anything. even the membership signup PDF is dated 2014/2015.. C'mon , really? we're 5 months into 2016 and no one has fixed that yet? I can't take them seriously.

but I digress ...

Check the Flea at MIT thread I posted for more info. <---link

FYI: it's fair to note that the MIT radio society , who hosts this event is stuck in a time warp in the past. They only accept payment for Vendor slots by Mail, They apparently haven't figured out Paypal, google Pay, or any of the 100+ other shopping cart type web apps which exist to automate these types of transactions :) and to think , some of the worlds most advanced technology comes from the minds of the students and faculty at MIT.

Last edited:
A thumbs up for the MIT Flea despite the obvious thread jacking.

I have found some real audio treasures there for short money - like my KR-9600 and a Pioneer SX-5580.

Buy or sell - it's always a good time.

Here's what I'm planning for my demo at the June event.
Dan aka LexDM3 (otherwise know as Dan the enabler) sold me a fixer upper Sansui AU-999 amp back in the fall.
I did a full restoration including a bunch of AK derived upgrades. This thing sounds great.
Just yesterday I picked up another AU-999 that didn't need much to get it back up to speed.
So I'm going to set these up and do a comparison - original versus hot-rodded.

Here's the post on the work done:

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/knock-knock-its-my-ntm-au-999.701143/

I'm going to try and make it...have a pair of AR90s I may need to unload...may need a hernia belt, too!

Any of the local contingent going to Boston Calling this weekend? I'm going tonight to see Sia. Should be a fun show.

Any of the local contingent going to Boston Calling this weekend? I'm going tonight to see Sia. Should be a fun show.

If she's still up to her ridiculous "don't look at my face" nonsense, you will only see her back and the now famous wig.

I get her artistic protest ( making it about the music only) but people pay to SEE and hear an artist perform their art. Playing with your back to the audience and having a lip syncing actor play your part visually when you are standing right there on the stage is just silly.

I hope she has cone to her senses , perhaps she has and I'm just out of the loop :) I dig her music, but that stunt kind of soured it for me as a Sia fan.

Last edited:
Had a great night. Lisa Hannigan opened it with a folk/rock performance before the crowd really got thick. I think Sufjan Stevens stole the show--his concert was like a 2+ hour nonstop blowout party with a great band. I gotta listen to more of his stuff now.

Sia finished it with suitable weirdness. I totally get what you're saying about wanting the intimacy with the artist you're going to the trouble of seeing in person. I'd kill for an acoustic Sia concert with her just chilling with front of a small audience. That said, it was terrific. It took a while to notice but the video boards had a prerecorded version of the stage performance with celebrity dancers, with the people on the stage acting in sync. They nailed it too. Sia was off to one side behind the wig. At least she was facing us.

Maybe I'd be pissed if I was a fan who followed her through the gloomy indie albums, but damn it was worth hearing her voice live.

hello folks.
I am unable to attend this event, but I was hoping to arrange a gear handoff and pony express run down towards the Cape. I live at 02770 (Rochester) and work at 02543 (Woods Hole). I am planing to buy from a seller in NH - so getting a set of floor speakers and a TT headed down in my direction for a pick up in July would be awesome. ( I work for WHOI and will be out to sea 6/1 to 7/1 so pick up would be after 7/1). Thanks so much - feel free to contact me via PM to work out the details.
CHEERS!

Back
Top Bottom