What's British in your system?

Croft RIAA Tube Phono Pre & ATC SCM11 v2.

IMG_8030.jpeg

Thanks for the info on these. They sound great when hooked up to a good amp with a lot of power and the bass turned up three or four notches, something I don't normally do (a sub might not be a bad idea). If you closed your eyes you would have no idea how small they are. Exceptional little speakers.

Last edited:
I swapped out the Music Fidelity P500 and V90 DAC for a Peachtree Nova 125, driving the Rogers LS7t's. Loving it so far.

Graham

Nice pics Art, I would love to try my Crofts on your Harbies, supposed to be quite a wonderful combination! Glad the ATC's are sounding fine for you too!

Main room
Celestion Dittion 66's built in my home town of Ipswich
Hand built 2a3 SET mono blocks.
Air studios version of pioneer a9 (yes I'm cheating here lol)
Air studios version pioneer sacd (Yep still cheating)

Upstairs
Hand built 2a3 set inergrated amp
SD accoustics speakers (morel drivers, also made in ipswich)

Home cinema
Celestion A1
Celestion A compact
Celestion A4 center
Celestion AD12 hand built sub wooofer.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 21
Just thinking about it now, more than half of my system is British. I'm running Wharfedale W90s and the Audiolab M-DAC, and I also have Mullard 12AX7s in my Dynaco PAS-3 and I also occasionally run Mullard EL84s in my tube monos. One of the EZ81 rectifiers is a Mullard too.

Can you tell I like Mullard tubes? :)

Main room
Celestion Dittion 66's built in my home town of Ipswich
Hand built 2a3 SET mono blocks.
Air studios version of pioneer a9 (yes I'm cheating here lol)
Air studios version pioneer sacd (Yep still cheating)

Upstairs
Hand built 2a3 set inergrated amp
SD accoustics speakers (morel drivers, also made in ipswich)

Home cinema
Celestion A1
Celestion A compact
Celestion A4 center
Celestion AD12 hand built sub wooofer.
Nice! I've got the Ditton 33s and would love to hear the 66s.

Just scored a Leak Delta 70 Amp to restore, got it for a steal. Had a Stereo 30 and regretted selling that. I loved the sound of that and it thrashed the quality & sound of all Quad gear I have had. The circuit seems simple-as too......

20150205_214551.jpg DSC05634.JPG

Not set-up as they should be, just on a shelf in my work shed at my nan's house at the moment, but when I do get a place of my own, these will take pride of place on some stands that I have in a cupboard upstairs. The biggest bonus, and I hope I don't upset anyone here, is that both the NAD amp and the Spendors were GIVEN to me for FREE!!

Free is a very good thing! Interesting that they appear to use the same silk soft dome tweeter, made by Audax or Sonaudax, that IMF used in their TLS50 series - the smaller 12 x 8 faceplate instead of the more common 12x9 faceplate with the cut corners. Can you confirm by taking one tweeter out and a photo of the back?

The Audax model number is the printed HD12X8D25 on the tweeter. The more typical number is HD12X9D25. Does the woofer have any markings?

Back
Top Bottom