Anything (almost) but a goat

Montycat

Staff member
Subscriber
I have a turntable on CL right now and received a message today, "any interest in trades?" to which I replied.

"Perhaps but of course it would depend on the trade. What do you have in mind? If all you have to offer is a goat I am not interested.

However I would prefer talking rather than emailing about it. Unless it's a goat. Not that I don't like goats but I don't want to talk about them.

If you have something interesting, other than a goat, please send your phone #. That is not to say I'm interested in anything BUT goats..."

So, do you think I will get a response? Or does he just have a goat? :)

He replied already: "No goats, but I do have a small grouping of Eubekastanian Yacks :)"

He also has a bunch of other audio gear. The trouble is, I have too much of that already.

Now if he had offered a dinner for 2 at a nice restaurant or maybe a laptop computer, or even a chainsaw we could be going somewhere.

colonel.jpg

Stop that, this thread is too silly. no one loves a good laugh more than i do....except maybe the wife....and Lt. Johnson....

Hell--I'd take a goat. I've got a barn and acreage and they actually make a lot of money around here. There are actually services that rent out fleets of goats to airports and public parks--they come in, set up temporary fencing, come by and water them, and the goats clear all of the weeds and brush from the area (they eat anything). Cheaper and more effective than hiring a fleet of people with weed whackers and hedge trimmers. And as an added bonus, if you have a herd, they make more all on their own, so you don't have to hire more!

My last message to him:

"If I needed audio gear perhaps some of that might be tempting but I have much more than I can use myself, most of it better than that selection.

So, tell me more about those Yaks..."

Back
Top Bottom