VE Monks $5.00...really?

bilboda

350x700px-LL-6700c6bc_IMG_8657.jpeg

Earbuds in the classic styling, not iem's, Venture Electronics Monks, $5.00 and seriously good. I have several pairs (big spender here) and simply could not get over how nice they sound. Massdrop did a run and sold over 3000 sets (again $5.00). You can get your own from VE's Aliexpress store and while you wait for them to arrive, you can read about them at Headfi. It may sound like a lot of hype at first but, take a chance, buy a set (did I mention $5.00?) and prepare to be amazed at what $5.00 + low shipping can buy. Don't want to link the store, not sure of etiquette but headfi will serve you well. Splurge a little and get the xtras for $5.00 more, earhooks and different foam covers to insure a good fit

I owned a pair of Yuin PK1 that sounded amazing for an earbud. They probably got tossed because they do look like run of the mill cheap buds. I am going to pull the trigger on these...for under $10 all in it sounds like a great deal....hoping they sound as good as the Yuins

Ordered the Monk Plus Expansion pack last night. I put a condom over my credit. Have never ordered something from a Chinese outlet before. Fingers crossed that they show up next month.

I ordered mine around like, 7/2. Aliexpress tracking says it hasn't left China yet. However who knows how good their tracking really is.

I just got a message on my Aliexpress account from Lee at VE. There was some kind of hold up with the regular Aliexpress shipping and they're being reshipped via e-packet. I can expect mine in 15 days. I didn't reach out to him, he reached out to me and, I assume, others.

I just got a message on my Aliexpress account from Lee at VE. There was some kind of hold up with the regular Aliexpress shipping and they're being reshipped via e-packet. I can expect mine in 15 days. I didn't reach out to him, he reached out to me and, I assume, others.

I got an email from Aliexpress stating I had received a message, but I wasn't able to log in and read it. Thanks for the recap, I was curious what it said (even though the day I ordered I got an email from him stating they'd already been shipped!).

We should jump on that. ..we can listen to them for a few months while waiting on ours to come from Aliexpress!
I made a similar joke on r/headphones. In reality though I still expect to get the Aliexpress order first. The Massdrop order won't ship till the end of this month. I never get anything expensive from Massdrop. Just cheap things like the Monks and the occasional grab bag. So I can wait.

I made a similar joke on r/headphones. In reality though I still expect to get the Aliexpress order first. The Massdrop order won't ship till the end of this month. I never get anything expensive from Massdrop. Just cheap things like the Monks and the occasional grab bag. So I can wait.

In reality I likely won't even open these for a month or more!

My tracking status has not been updated since 7-29-16: Preparing for shipment. I'm glad you got your though!

Check Lee's messages on Aliexpress for a tracking number to use on a shady website called 17track.net. Once processed through NYC you can use that number to track via USPS as well.

Back
Top Bottom