Great "Every Day Carry" knives

EDC for me is a Glock model 20 in 10mm with a Viridian laser and light. A SureFire Vampire Flashlight and a Grizzly multi tool folding knife. Truck gun is an M92 Krinkov.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

It's a chris reeve mnandi knife.
Considered a gentleman's knife, meant for suits.
The wood is cocobolo and the steel is a damascus (folded layers of different steel to make pattern).

Nice EDCs ! Interesting finish on that Glock....is it Cerakote, or something like NP3 ?
That Glock 20 is a Lipsys special. Lipsys is a large wholesaler of firearms that gets special orders and one of a kinds from manufacturers. I was ordering 40 Glocks for my business and for such a large order they gave me a cerakote Glock in any caliber I wanted.
I have chosen 10mm for myself and my guys to carry as its a round that puts your target down with authority. Veridian ended up discounting 40 units and they have coyote brown units in stock so I chose one of those. We run extended 18 round magazines, the quantity of a 9mm but the power of a 357 Magnum, the 10mm is starting to gain in popularity.
The Grizzly utility blade is really cool, well built knife with more than a few useful tools.

Idaho. My kinda state.
You would probably love it here. Houses and land are cheap, folks give eachother space and are polite. The police aren't uptight unless you have plates from a blue state. You can carry concealed without a permit (gun and knife no size limit). Most folks have truck guns just in case ya run into bigger trouble. Everything that costs a fortune other places is cheap here, for instance registration for my Truck is 42 bucks for 2 years.

Bought a house with 4 acres of land on a lake for 210,000. I was lucky enough to inherit a little over 44 acres next to it which is what I Hunt on and have my own shooting range for my business to practice on. Schools are safe, kids are nice. Like I tell most people it's like the 1980's came here to hide. The best part besides the freedom is the people, my neighborhood is so small our one big street sign just points to which part of the road you will find the family your looking for. We tend to be protective of eachother and help out a lot.

My neighbor smokes a ton of pot, I go fishing with dynamite....we live and let live around here, I put in a 1000 yard shooting range that's open to my neighbors, they use it when they want and keep it clean. I almost always find a box of ammo left behind with a thank you note for letting everyone use the range.

I truly do love this place, people haven't lost their humanity here and we give eachother space to be who we want to be.

This is our street sign on the fork I the road
image.jpeg

You would probably love it here. Houses and land are cheap, folks give eachother space and are polite. The police aren't uptight unless you have plates from a blue state. You can carry concealed without a permit (gun and knife no size limit). Most folks have truck guns just in case ya run into bigger trouble. Everything that costs a fortune other places is cheap here, for instance registration for my Truck is 42 bucks for 2 years.

Bought a house with 4 acres of land on a lake for 210,000. I was lucky enough to inherit a little over 44 acres next to it which is what I Hunt on and have my own shooting range for my business to practice on. Schools are safe, kids are nice. Like I tell most people it's like the 1980's came here to hide. The best part besides the freedom is the people, my neighborhood is so small our one big street sign just points to which part of the road you will find the family your looking for. We tend to be protective of eachother and help out a lot.

My neighbor smokes a ton of pot, I go fishing with dynamite....we live and let live around here, I put in a 1000 yard shooting range that's open to my neighbors, they use it when they want and keep it clean. I almost always find a box of ammo left behind with a thank you note for letting everyone use the range.

I truly do love this place, people haven't lost their humanity here and we give eachother space to be who we want to be.

This is our street sign on the fork I the road
View attachment 767159

And thus far Californian tranplants aren;t arriving in droves, as they did in Colorado, Oregon, and portions of Utah & Wyoming to drive up the cost of real estate and elect ****heads who would take away your liberties? That'd be a change, but ID likely too cold for them. When I lived @ The States I purchased most of my ammo from two suppliers, one based in Idaho, the other Montana.

Mystic - don't be a such dick and quit baggin' on my state. Where do you think the 5.5 million people that leave California per year for the other 49 states came from in the first place? Well 4.6 million per year come from the other 49 states. As a 3rd generation Californian I get tired of taking the blame for all those people just passing through and leaving their mess behind. It's like we're recycling 11 million or 3% of the rest of the country's riff raff every year. And you think you have problems? I almost think, no I know, we'd be better off closing the Oregon and Arizona borders to inbound traffic for about 50 years. Give it a rest dude. The entire population of Idaho is only 12% of our annual state to state migration flow. End of rant.

You three guys are all gonna get a great thread locked with these political posts.

Two of you have absolutely been here long enough to know better (that political comments/posts are 100% verbotten @ AK).

The other fella is new and maybe did'nt read the forum rules and did'nt understant that ANY/ALL political references are a serious no-no here at AK.

Personally I dont care about political comments/posts,they dont bother me even the slightest bit as I have thick skin,but I dont make the forum rules.
The thing is I contributed to this thread,and I dont wanna see it get locked just because some political spat broke out.
The forum rules are the forum rules guys,we all need to abide by them.

Hopefully a mod does'nt see this and decide to opt for the nuclear option...

And if they do see it and decide to clean up the mess,they can feel free to delete this post too.

FWIW

Bret P.

Last edited:
That Glock 20 is a Lipsys special. Lipsys is a large wholesaler of firearms that gets special orders and one of a kinds from manufacturers. I was ordering 40 Glocks for my business and for such a large order they gave me a cerakote Glock in any caliber I wanted.
I have chosen 10mm for myself and my guys to carry as its a round that puts your target down with authority. Veridian ended up discounting 40 units and they have coyote brown units in stock so I chose one of those. We run extended 18 round magazines, the quantity of a 9mm but the power of a 357 Magnum, the 10mm is starting to gain in popularity.
The Grizzly utility blade is really cool, well built knife with more than a few useful tools.

It`s been quite a while, but I remember a session of shooting a Glock 20 with the old Norma 170-grain "Full House" loads, those suckers had some bark to `em. We were also banging targets 200 yards away with that combo, everybody that tried it remarked on what a nice, flat shooter it was, comparing favorably to the old .41 Magnum Silvertips. If I ever had to unass my situation, and only take one handgun with me, that would probably be my choice....

You three guys are all gonna get a great thread locked with these political posts.

Two of you have absolutely been here long enough to know better (that political comments/posts are 100% verbotten @ AK).

The other fella is new and maybe did'nt read the forum rules and did'nt understant that ANY/ALL political references are a serious no-no here at AK.

Personally I dont care about political comments/posts,they dont bother me even the slightest bit as I have thick skin,but I dont make the forum rules.
The thing is I contributed to this thread,and I dont wanna see it get locked just because some political spat broke out.
The forum rules are the forum rules guys,we all need to abide by them.

Hopefully a mod does'nt see this and decide to opt for the nuclear option...

And if they do see it and decide to clean up the mess,they can feel free to delete this post too.

FWIW

Bret P.
I'm sorry I didn't think I said anything political at all, if I offended you I'm sorry. I hope it's not me you think is causing problems I'm sorry if I said anything at all bothersome. I live a life of live and let live as do most folks here. My line of work can create huge stress and I don't want to bring it home so I love someplace with maximum freedoms.

Once again If I offended you I apologize, I just love to talk about my little slice of heaven but there's no negative intent in what I say.

Sorry Brett.

Last edited:
It`s been quite a while, but I remember a session of shooting a Glock 20 with the old Norma 170-grain "Full House" loads, those suckers had some bark to `em. We were also banging targets 200 yards away with that combo, everybody that tried it remarked on what a nice, flat shooter it was, comparing favorably to the old .41 Magnum Silvertips. If I ever had to unass my situation, and only take one handgun with me, that would probably be my choice....

Yea we switched to 10mm after to many incidents where we got into a CQB situation (close quarters battle) and the damn 9mm round just couldn't put the bad guy down fast enough to keep him from being a wounded threat that often would pull a suicide hand grenade out. The 10mm hasn't had that issue a 200 grain bullet going 1300 FPS carries plenty of energy. And the Glock itself is just tank, and actually quite affordable. We use custom loads for most of our gear accept the real common 7.62x51 or the 7.62x39.

I'm sorry I didn't think I said anything political at all, if I offended you I'm sorry. I hope it's not me you think is causing problems I'm sorry if I said anything at all bothersome. I live a life of live and let live as do most folks here. My line of work can create huge stress and I don't want to bring it home so I love someplace with maximum freedoms.
Once again If I offended you I apologize, I just love to talk about my little slice of heaven but there's no negative intent in what I say.
Sorry Brett.
No you didn't, it just seems your post, by no fault of yours, took us on a side road for a minute, happens once in a while.
Makes for a good example of why politics are voodoo here.
...oh, and I love the street sign! Wish it was mine.:beerchug:

Sorry Brett.
Did'nt offend me,not even the slightest bit,so ask me were cool & there's no need to apologize.

But elcoholic took offense to Mystics comments that seemed to key off of the mention of "blue states" and the migration habits of those folks.
Like I said earlier,I was'nt remotely bothered by anything said by anyone involved in that exchange.

But that exchange is precisely why the forum rules prohibit political comments/posts,as they always blow up into full on flame wars and that's when threads get locked.

I just dont wanna see this thread get locked,that's my only concern here.
Honestly that exchange is more the error of Mystic & elcoholic as they're longtime members who really should've known better.

BTW,,,I too am a fan of the 10mm round...

FWIW

Bret P.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom