Free stuff ID

The turntable is a Sony PS-T25 and the component at the very bottom looks like a Pioneer 100 disc CD changer. Can't tell what the speakers are but the one on the bottom looks like it has some potential.

I suspect that the tuner and amp were made for MCS by Panasonic. The tape deck is anybody's guess.

Yep, in a NY minute for me. If it's MCS gear I'd be all over it. The MCS stuff is so under rated in my opinion. While not top\top of of audio gear chain, it does not suck, period!!

Has anything with rack handles ever sucked? Serious question. One of the guidelines I gave my brother when he is yard sale-ing is to buy anything with rack handles.

Has anything with rack handles ever sucked? Serious question. One of the guidelines I gave my brother when he is yard sale-ing is to buy anything with rack handles.

You're going to end up with a pile of Nady amps if you're not careful...

The ad is still up, so this may still be available. I see a MCS 3847 amp (NEC AUA-7000E), 3700 tuner (NEC AUT-7000E), 3562 cassette deck (NEC AUK-7000E), and the original rack that it came with when sold new (1978-79). A very nice 45 wpc system, and that rack is very cool. Clean these pieces up, and you'll be very impressed with the sound - assuming they all work. The speakers are probably the weak link.

I wish I were closer....been looking for that particular rack forever.

Back
Top Bottom