MLB 2016

Lots of fans/people already have the CUBS winning the World Series, I hope they, (Da CUBS) don't start posing for their statues just yet.

That's why the games are played. Historically, teams with the best winning records are not locks for the WS win.

Well, you certainly got your money's worth!
Got the tickets about a month ago.When I saw who was starting for the Jays I figured it could be a long game.Certainly was interesting for both starters.Got out of there around 10:30

Washington Nationals all the way to the World Series against the Baltimore Orioles!!! The Nats starting rotation is terrific, they just signed a great closer to replace the aging Washington Strangler (Papelbon), Daniel Murphy & Wilson Ramos are #1 and #2 in NL batting average (and Werth and Rendon are very hot), and their defense is excellent. If Bryce Harper heats back up, it'll be all over for the rest of you but the crying.:D

Washington Nationals all the way to the World Series against the Baltimore Orioles!!! The Nats starting rotation is terrific, they just signed a great closer to replace the aging Washington Strangler (Papelbon), Daniel Murphy & Wilson Ramos are #1 and #2 in NL batting average (and Werth and Rendon are very hot), and their defense is excellent. If Bryce Harper heats back up, it'll be all over for the rest of you but the crying.:D

Just read up on The Nationals. Y'might be onto s.t. here, FB. Even w/ their crazy W streaks, mound successes, etc., I cannot imagine THE CUBS playing a single inning of World Series ball. And this is not b/c I was raised a CHISOX fan, but b/c these are the Chicago Cubs to which we refer.

Just read up on The Nationals. Y'might be onto s.t. here, FB. Even w/ their crazy W streaks, mound successes, etc., I cannot imagine THE CUBS playing a single inning of World Series ball. And this is not b/c I was raised a CHISOX fan, but b/c these are the Chicago Cubs to which we refer.
If I weren't an avid Nats fan, my NL team of choice would be the Cubs. Joe Maddon is awesome, though the Nats' Dusty Baker is also great. Last year, their manager Matt Williams drove me crazy.

I'm good with a Beltway World Series! My O's bats woke up today but have been asleep for close to a month but their pitching which was a weakness has become a strength since Bundy was added to the rotation. Looks like it is going to be a dogfight until the last day of the season.

I notice KC's sneaking back up there. Anybody think there's enough time left for the Royals to take another run at it?

I notice KC's sneaking back up there. Anybody think there's enough time left for the Royals to take another run at it?

Possible but not probable. But back in 2011 the Cards were down something like 12 games in the middle of August and thanks to the Braves falling off the map they Cards made the playoffs on the last day of regular season and went on to win the WS. So it can happen.

Actually, I just looked and the Royals are only 4 games back in the WC rare, so sure it very possible.

Last edited:
So far the Dodgers have erased an 8 game deficit to the Giants and now bobbing in and out of 1st place in the NL West - all without Kershaw, newly traded pitcher Rich Hill still hasn't pitched in 3 weeks, and the starting pitching has been tatters with all the guys on the DL, and those coming back (Anderson, McCarthy, Ryu) pitching poorly or going back on the DL (or both). Offense and defense have been much better in August, bullpen strong but taxed, and Josh Reddick still can't seem to buy a hit while Yasiel Puig is tearing it up offensively in his AAA demotion.

Can the Dodgers continue to do it with smoke and mirrors, when Kershaw comes back how will he be, and will his back hold up, and can the pitching rotation (Maeda, Kazmir, Hill, Urias (who has pitched well but may still have a pitch / innings limit) ) hold up?

More importantly, will the Giants continue their slide and sink into the wild card race, or worse? Stay tuned.

Dunno, but the "Show Me" (or "I-70") series of '85 is still my favourite. A 7-game series that ended in an explosions of hits 'n' runs for the Royals and the meltdown of Card's hurler Andújar.

MLB is my favorite sport and I am a lifelong Cardinal fan. As usual injuries have been plentiful this year. And I heard yesterday our rookie SS Aledmys Diaz is on the DL with a broken hand after getting hit with a pitch. Diaz, Carpenter, Moss, Peralta, Lynn, etc all on the DL. If they can get healthy and make the playoffs, anything can happen. It's all about making the playoffs and peaking at the right time. At least with the injuries some other players are getting a chance to play and shine.
Several teams are trying to go for it this year. Should be fun to watch. Right now I would say the Cubs and Rangers look pretty tough. But recent history shows there is a sleeper/spoiler that will stir things up.
Fun stuff for this old man.

I was just perusing the standings and the Cards are still VERY much alive for a wildcard spot.

LA Dodger front office number crusher crushes players and fans hearts with the really ****ed up AJ Ellis trade.
Idiot Bastards.:thumbsdown:

LA Dodger front office number crusher crushes players and fans hearts with the really ****ed up AJ Ellis trade.
Idiot Bastards.:thumbsdown:
Well, they've made a very slight improvement to their offense (Chooch is still a bit of a threat against lefties) at the expense of disrupting team harmony. Kershaw, evidently, is pretty miffed and several other teammates registered their disapproval as well. Ellis was universally well regarded in the clubhouse, it seems.

Well, they've made a very slight improvement to their offense (Chooch is still a bit of a threat against lefties) at the expense of disrupting team harmony. Kershaw, evidently, is pretty miffed and several other teammates registered their disapproval as well. Ellis was universally well regarded in the clubhouse, it seems.
Abdul the Bean Counter whips out his abacus and figures the Dodgers can squeeze out two more hits with Ruiz, screw team chemistry, friendships and team leadership.
BTW, Ruiz had two passed balls last night leading to a run, both would have been better defensed by AJ.

Back
Top Bottom