Pioneer SX-636 30V on left output

you could get creative with a 1mm drill .. then bend the leg after its passed through the board .. might not bend so easy though .

you could get creative with a 1mm drill .. then bend the leg after its passed through the board .. might not bend so easy though .

That's a good idea, you should have a pin vise (small, handheld, hand-turned drill for clearing or enlarging PCB holes) anyway, but be careful when punching through as you don't want to force any of the circuit traces up and away from the board itself.

51qOueQLNmL.jpg https://amzn.com/B001RJE3X8

Another idea is to add length to the trimpot's current leads by twisting on and then soldering little lengths of cut-from-other-component leads. I've got piles of them from where I've soldered in and then trimmed the unused lengths of leads from resistors and capacitors.

i tested all the A992's and the 3 with the closest HFE is 361, 362 and 363. i dont think it matters which one i use. the highest and lowest HFE of the 10 i got is 337 and 369

i tested all the A992's and the 3 with the closest HFE is 361, 362 and 363. i dont think it matters which one i use. the highest and lowest HFE of the 10 i got is 337 and 369

Those are all really close. They should be fine.

figured it out, bending the lead was good enough
IMAG0053[1].jpg
just want to make sure that pot is in the correct way before i replace the 2nd one

that is easy to work out ..if wrong way it wont adjust at all from being shorted .. or maybe it will adjust backwards . adjusting backwards is no biggie though

i think its ready for power up...im going to closly look at all the transistors again then if all is good put it on my DBT and hit the power button.

i think its ready for power up...im going to closly look at all the transistors again then if all is good put it on my DBT and hit the power button.

good luck!

i'm not superstitious or anything but I always have my handy kitchen fire extinguisher close at hand when powering up.

ITS WORKING!! GTQUIWFGKUJHOVFDGJIKVDGKJFWEDASGKJPUI
all i got left is to re cap the power supply and replace the lamps and i think i can call this project done...for now. i plan to come back later and recap the rest of the unit.

Last edited:
ITS WORKING!! GTQUIWFGKUJHOVFDGJIKVDGKJFWEDASGKJPUI
all i got left is to re cap the power supply and replace the lamps and i think i can call this project done...for now. i plan to come back later and recap the rest of the unit.

Pretty good feeling, eh? Nice job!

Amp board is done. these are all the bits from it
IMAG0106[1].jpg
i was going to start on the power supply but i only have about 1 inch of solder left. gonna have to put that on hold.

Last edited:
i think i may have installed the trimmers in wrong, the offset wont adjust.

Does the PCB have three holes for the trimmers? Or just two?

If the PCB only has two holes for a trimpot and the trimpot that you've ordered has three leads, then you'll need to permanently connect the middle (wiper) lead of the trimpot to either of the two remaining leads. That will leave you two leads to connect to the PCB through the two holes.

Does the PCB have three holes for the trimmers? Or just two?

If the PCB only has two holes for a trimpot and the trimpot that you've ordered has three leads, then you'll need to permanently connect the middle (wiper) lead of the trimpot to either of the two remaining leads. That will leave you two leads to connect to the PCB through the two holes.
PCB has 3 holes, however 2 of the 3 are on the same trace.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom