Thierry
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hello Thierry,
    Thanks for the praise! Yes indeed, I have a lot of work to do. And this is the reason, I can't tell much about the sound of the 1801 - it is still in work. Man, I can tell you... I decided to change the mica plates into ceramics. And the ceramics are 3mm thick, so the damn screws are to short. It was more trouble to get these american screws (a little longer) than changing it against european norm screws. So I took sixtyfour 3.5mm brass screw nuts, removed the old ones and soldered them on to the pcb. I think it will take two weeks till I have one side ready to test. What do you think about the new place for the bias adjustment trimmer?
    Meanwhile I keep on soldering and making snapshots of the work. If the amp will run as good as it's brother 4401 I will be very happy. As long as I work at the 1801 I use my Technics SU-VX800 for power amp. Sound is not bad but four 901's really need a muscle amp instead this integrated Amplifier.
    Greetings Richard
    hello Thierry,
    I have startet an album called bose1801 restauration, first pics are there...
    greetings Richard
    Hello Thierry,
    since i renewed the OP-Amps in my 4401 - great! This time i did not use the glue, instead of this stuff i used the little heatsinks with the pads (same as you used).
    You where right, the glue between the OP contacts and the heatsinks made a capacitive connection and so the heatsinks changed into antennas.
    And now i am working at the good old 1801.
    Again thanks a lot for your support!

Greetings Richard

btw - if you are interrestet in photos, i made a lot...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom