patfont
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Say Pat, aside from the Conrad-Johnson PV-5, do you have any experience with the PV-7, 10 or 11? I'm looking at either a PV-7 or newer PV-11.
    Any thought? I don't really care about a phono section. Haven't spun vinyl in over 20 years.
    Thanks,
    Jay

P.S. Nice work on the Marantz 2245. I still wish you had done a 2270, though... my personal favorite mid-70s receiver. I do like the Model 18/19, but mostly fot the great tuner sections (models 20 & 20B). To e, the 2245/2270 are still the best over value in vintage stereo... although, the 2250 sure is a sleeper, and can be had for less than the cost of a clean 2230... go figure.
    More equipment I have owned is coming to mind, here are some additions. I think there will probably be more:

Dahlquist Subwoofer with DQ-LP1 X-over
    Carver M-400 amp "the cube"
    Denon DP52F Turntable w/ Denon DL-103
    Yamaha C-2X Preamp
    Fairfax FSS Speakers
    AR 2ax speakers
    Equipment list below is not to impress anyone, just to give some insight into posts or reviews that I write.
    Amps:

Audio Research D76A (Owned by Jon Dahlquist and recapped for him by Audio Research)

Marantz 8B

Krell KSA-50

Spectral DMA-50

Threshold S150

Dynaco ST-70 (Audio by Van Alstine)

Preamps:

Audio Research SP6B

Conrad Johnson PV-5

Marantz 7C

Dynaco PAS (Audio by Van Alstine)

Receivers/Int. Amps

Pioneer SX-727

Marantz 2220B

Marantz 1070 (IRM full mods)

Turntables:

Sota Sapphire/Souther Arm

Nakamichi Dragon CT

Thorens many models

AR XA/ Rega RB300

Dual 1229

Pioneer PL-10

Cartridges:

Monster Cable Alpha One

Grado Signature 8

Klipsch Moving Coil (Ruby Cant. Version) Yes they made cartridges!

Audio Tech. 125LC

Shure V15 III

Ortofon 2M Red

Sumiko Blue Point 2

Tuners:

Yamaha T-2

Marantz 10B

Speakers:

Dahlquist DQ10

Euphonic Audio Nymphs: Favorable review in The Absolute Sound (I had the review pair)

Mission 770

Dynaco A25

Large Advent

JBL L100

B&W 785
    I first got hooked on Audio when my brother came home from college. He brought home a compact stereo but it had a magnetic cartridge instead of the old ceramic type, and you could now really hear the music. He also brought home a catalog dated 1972 which I still have from Warehouse Sound Company, I saved up for 2 years and purchased my 1st system at the age of 16. Pioneer SX-727, JBL L100's, and Pioneer PL-10 (I still have the table/modified)w/ Shure V15III. I have managed a HI-Fi Store also back in the day. I have been to the Klipsch plant and have met with Paul himself and still have my diploma from the Klipsch Mendev sales training. I had access to a lot of equipment. Of course one of my jobs was to bring home equipment and evaluate it to see if we would carry it. Also at that time turntable set up was a big deal and a big part of our business, and it is something I enjoy doing.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom