grundigger
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Thanks for getting back to me. Any feedback is helpful as I work on this hobby in virtual isolation. I will start off with the tripath in the HF as you suggest. What made you decide to go back to SS? It is probably cheaper than tube gear which is worth its weight in gold. Perhaps I should dig up my dad's old Phase Linear Amp and Pre with the cool blue light? It would more than likely fry my high efficiency vintage drivers!

Regards,

Jason
    Alan,
    Wow you have covered so much of the territory I have been floundering on. Dynaco st70 to Motorola SET to Tripath. I wish I had found your link to the guy who builds the Tripath boards overseas. I am hoping to try the t-amp out (ebay modded) in my open baffle system that is triamped with a dynaco st-70 (mids) ,motorola el84 (HF) and a old Marantz SS tuner to drive the LF. I use a sony 4300f for active xover. The speakers are Goodmans 12" Wharfedale 15" and
    Kinap Russian compression drivers for HF. Any thoughts on the best way to introduce the tripath? Here is the link to the guy I bought it from thought this is a different amp:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280807966349&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123#ht_500wt_1060
    Hey, I have the Sure tk2050 2x100 amp. Do you have any info on upgrading the caps and coils. I am wondering what caps you changed out and what coils you used? Please email me back! Thanks, Grant gphillips@towerking.com 4194387587
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom