dewickt
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Terry, a little clarification on the the MC-240 recommendation on changing the capacitor values on the filter cans from 100/30 to 140/30. I am running the MC-240 along side of an MA-2505 through a C-28 into four KLH Model 5's. Two of the Model 5's are in the front, the other 2 are on the sides of the listening area. I reduce the gain in the 2505 to somewhat match the power of the 240 that powers the sides.
    Hi Terry, please excuse my absence. The popping sound in the MC-240 has been ID'd and fixed. I took your advise and check the resistors. I found one that was suspect. There are two of these (3.3k) that seem to run in parallel with two cooresponding 100uf, [3 (or 12 volt), the caps say three, but some "Clinton" style manual says 12 volt]. I had not previously replaced these caps on the "capacitor board" as they were coated white and through me off. Replaced them, and I'm now good to go. By the way, I have the ability to take two of my 100/30 filter cans up to 140/30 (you know the ones!) What do you think about that? What would it accomplish? You are the best. Thanks again. George
    Terry, thank you for your response. I haven't checked the resistors yet, but that is my next move. I'm encouraged by your comment on the output transformer!
    Terry, I've been trying to work through a popping sound on my MC-240. I know you are in the business and hope that I could get some advise from you. It pops about two seperate time in the right channel over the course of 15 minutes then subsides. I am not a tech, but have replace the cans and all of the other caps, cleaned the sockets and moved the tubes around. No change. I'm in the sweating bullets mode of the possiblity of an output transformer. I would appreciate and thoughts on this that you would care to give. Me. Thank you.
    Hi Terry -- do you work on Fisher 500C's? I have one that sounds very good, except when at the FM Automatic position of the Selector Switch. Don't get a multiplex signal (Stereo Beacon does not light up, but bulb is good), have sound but not multiplex. Sounds good in the FM Stereo and other tuner positions. Signal strength meter comes on between 3 and 4 then after 5+ minutes drops to a 2 reading. I had a drifting multiplex signal and switched out the V100,V101 and V102 tubes. Now have no multiplex reading. Please let me know. Stew
    Terry,

Are you able to get me a vented underplate and a rubber foot for a McINtosh Mc205 five channel amp. Mine got scratched and one of the rubber feet are abrased. If so, how much? Thanks. Dave Stasiuk.
    hello can you tell me the difference between using the kt66 and the 6l6gt in the mc240 besides the voltage difference ? better sound . thanks terry joe kb2urv
    Mr Dewickt, I have a new thread on the Mcintosh page about "Rack handles for a MC2200". When you have time would you reply at the forum. thanks.
    Terry,
    I have an MX-113 tuner/preamp with what I believe to be a bad loudness/balance control, part number 134-236. Do you know of a source for a replacement? I've checked with McIntosh and Audio Classics and neither has one. Perhaps there is a suitable replacement from Digi-Key or Grayhill?
    Thanks,
    homebrew
    I have replaced the glass in a Mr-77 and an MC-2255. Both have uneven illumination behind the lettering. I put the old glass back on and illkumination was even across the face. McIntosh told me that they have changed the formula for the ink. It appears that the back of the glass has been changed from the original. Is this an art or science. Any thoughts. Old member new to the McIntosh forum.
    Gene
    When I have a second or two I look around, that is when the cable modem is working, 250 is gathering dust, must find some more time for it.
    Hey, what are you doing lurking around here on the forums? How's my Marantz 250 doing?? lol
    I am getting the tube bug now. I have been reading the Dynaco ST-70 threads, considering that Bob Latino kit or an ST 120. tube4hifi has nice kits for both a preamp and amp. Or nice looking to someone like myself who doesn't know any better.

I have asked around about little boutique amps as well. Grant audio, no idea of the quality, China built as you are no doubt aware.
    I still haven't goofed with my MC 2100 anymore to find the hiss. It's the amp, it increases with the gain knobs. I am on vacation next week, so maybe I will get some feeze spray and poke around if a meter won't do it.
    Jeff Randels in Tulsa
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom