Andyman
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Albums About

• Hi! Happy to seek your input on this, if you have any...best, Nick
    Andyman
    Andyman
    HI!

I really can't help much there, except to say that that the RP-302s are highly sought and quite valuable; they bring $250+ all day online. I parted mine out as I didn't want to deal with the huge cabinet at the time, or the odd configuration of it complementing the top and bottom of the spectrum

Good luck!!
    belletrist
    belletrist
    Thanks, Andyman. I've considered selling the drivers online, but I'd like to try first to see whether I can get this to sound good in combo with an SS-2 (which I have)! Cheers - Nick
    Hey Andy, Hope you are doing well. I read that you picked up a pair of Ohm Fs a couple years ago.. any interest in selling them, if you still have them? Di you ever rebuild them?
    Andyman
    Andyman
    Hi Dan:

I wanted to try rebuilding them, but when both voice coils came up open and I discovered there also were issues with some foam damping materials on the cone interiors, I decided it was way more work than a simple surround and I sold them. A Dr. Mike in Ohio bought them and is a restorer of F's, so they wound up in a good place.
    Reactions: EricFG
    Cosmos
    Cosmos
    Understood.. Thanks for the reply. I am having a pair redone by Millersound in Philadelphia, but thought about getting a second pair as well.. I know there is a Dale Harder down here that does great work with Ohm F and Ohm A, but he is way out of my price range.. Did you ever come across my Sansui QRX-5500 receiver in Keggers stuff? Man I miss talking to him..
    Andyman
    Andyman
    I think it's still there out in the shed. I'll take a look tomorrow when I go see his Mom

I'll PM you a pic....
    Hi Andyman
    Do you know if the surrounds on the Realistic T-110 passive is a generic 10 inches or a 9 1/2
    Andyman
    Andyman
    I have no clue. If you measure the passive, you should be able to see if various surrounds would work. Many suppliers list the inner and outer diameters as a guide.
    Good luck!!
    hey there-wondering if you can send pics of your 8606? that is a nice treatment with the wood sides does the wood have cutouts for the ear tabs of the metal chassis?
    The consensus seems to be that it is much worse, and much better than, and pretty well exactly the same as, the old CD,.
    Andyman. I recently purchased a Sylvania SC591W that has had some questionable repairs done to it. I see you posted a schematic for it but it is too small for me to read. Would you mind e mailing the full size copy. I would greatly appreciate it. sgcooley@telus.net. I posted a thread on mine. I thought it was an electrohome amp at first. Thx Steve
    Greetings Sir, I'd like to send you a few photos (Keg's amp) and get your opinion before I list it for sale. Could you drop me an outside address for the photos ? dfharbaugh@comcast.net
    I talked (kinda) with Keg, but he said a family member is ill and has been busy.
    I know about that, my Mother passed away from cancer a month after I was at your place last year.
    I'm interested in how those monster speakers (auction) turned out for you.
    Regards, David
    Hi Andy,
    Don't know if U have received my email days ago. An old newbie want to build a big box for my LE14a, but found that didn't get much help from the other forum members. Wish if you could give kind of help/ info with your built. Thanks Albert
    U could email me, albert.cf.li@hotmail.com
    Hi there my friend hope you are doing well and want to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy prosperous new year.
    I would also like to let you know that that the tubes you offered me (1st pair) are stil going strong with an excelent sound,that means i have not even tried the other 2 pairs.
    Thank you again my friend you are remembered here at my home many times when we listen and enjoy the sound that the tubes help to provide.
    Your friend
    Jose
    Hi Andyman,

I'm fixing up the same model Sylvania console as you posted about last year. This is the first tube reviever/amp I've had my hands on.

I'm handy with a camera. Maybe we could be of help to each other. Not much about this except your post on AK. I learned a whole lot in that post.

Steve
    How you doing Buddy? Just getting over a nasty cold, That Vector Research Amp. is real nice on my bench, Thanks again.
    Hi,
    It's Rayt looking for the JBL Century 100 grills. Just wanted to make sure you got my reply which was that I am interested. I'm not that familiar with how private messages work so I just wanted to make sure you got this.
    Thanks
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom