67 grad
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Still looking for audio enthusiasts in the Grand Strand area. So I found one (1). I know there are more out there...
    OK - identified the three contact points on the board for the phono input "module". The connections are not wires, but extensions of the module RCA contacts (as are all of the RCA jacks on this unit).
    On magnified inspection, solder joints appear to be solid. I did a little scraping between connection points to remove what appeared to be flux between them. I'm wondering if my next step would be to de-solder the three (L, R & Com. Grnd.) and try to remove the module for a visual inspection and continuity check. My guess is that the contacts inside the RCA jack module have worn or spread, and I doubt that I can access them within the module to close them up. Your thoughts on any of this, and do you know if replacements are available for these?
    Without going down to the shop and looking, near as I recall the bottom plate only covers half the chassis. In any case nothing will fall out if you just remove that partial plate.
    I don't have any pictures, I just buy a couple of small heatsinks at Radio Shack and bolt them to the top of the heatsink on thSTK module. You can also use JB Weld as it is conductive. It sounds like bad solder joints where the phono jacks meet the circuit board.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom