ChrisMarantz
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About

• Hi Cris,
    You mentioned in one of the threads that you have a service manual for Marantz SM7. I was wondering if you could send it to me, as the version that I have is incomplete.
    thank you,
    Uros
    Chris, do you still repair marantz gear for members here?
    I'm in Southern California
    ChrisMarantz
    ChrisMarantz
    Hi Pakulan: No, I no longer work on other peoples equipment - Chris
    Hi Chris,

Hope all is well. My name is John, I'm In the process of finishing up a 250M, and trying to figure out the relay mod. I have seen a few different threads, on the matter but wanted to know what the modification actually does. Is it possible to just bend and extend the solder points on the switch, or is the modification necessary for the switch to function properly?

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?p=8872706&posted=1#post8872706

That is the link to the thread, I posted a pix I found on google, but wanted to be 100% sure I do the proper mod. I am also just curious to know what the modification actually does.

Hopefully I'm asking this right...

Thanks for the time Chris, any info provided would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    John
    I ask you to befriend me because based on your website I decided to buy an 1120, which is not working, from some chap on Ebay and fix it. I am an EE, a Ham Extra ham operator and currently unemployed. I plan to flip it. We may be able to help each other. I also spent a year in Burlingame and went to the High School there for my Junior year in HS.

Thanks

Warren Bain AG4EQ.
    Hi Chris, This is Hide Kawatsure from Santa Cruz. I asked you a lot of questions regarding caps of Marantz 1200 a few years ago. I just read your post dated 2012/2/28. You mentioned "On the relay/rectifier board I replaced all of the caps, the resistors, the rectifier, the diodes, the relay and the relay driver transistor. On the power supply board I replaced all of the caps and the diodes." Did you replace these because you had a specific issue on the relay board? I use my 1200 every day and still like it very much.
    It seems that it was not only the two amplifiers I had in the things for sale section but also the idea of selling capacitors kits and also a link to another web site that sells beginner electronic kits.

I guess I've been very bad.

Chris
    was looking at your post then it seemed to vaporise ?
    anyways its maybe because you are selling stuff on your website ? seems a bit petty to me ..but i suppose rules are rules .
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom