battradio
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi, I know you haven't been here in a bit but hope you're well. I'm building a PP 300B amp similar to what you described in your posts about the one with LS-60A OPTs. I'm wondering if you got it running and could share a bit about your experience with it.

Dave
    I am a proud owner of a Magnavox " American". It needs to have the amp rebuilt. While I could, being an old electronics tech, do it myself, I simply no longer have the eyesight or tools. I am in no rush, have had Maggie for 2 years now and just now getting around to getting her working. Please let me know if this is something you want to take on.
    If not, could you please point me in a good direction? Ray Bergeron
    Hi Mark, I am looking to rebuild a Baldwin 45 amp. I have 12AX7 model, do you still have a schematic you could send me? Any info or advice on your build would be greatly appreciated.
    Mark:
    I got your images for the 175-67 rebuild, would you by chance have a schematic with the changes that I can work from? I would like to begin restoring this amp.
    Thanks,
    Patrick
    Hi Mark! Just now saw your reply... thank you very much. My email is johnericbooth@gmail.com - regarding photo undersides of maggie 175 - John
    Hi Mark, I saw a post where you mentioned you are going to do a full 9300 rework. I have a couple in the basement and have been looking for an alternative to the Al Jennings mods. Ive already done a few of those. If you are doing something different I sure would like to get in on it, and see how it compares.
    Thanks,
    Steve
    Hi Mark,
    Hope I'm not a bother, but you be the man with the golden soldering iron! while, I'm a ole' dog (with far too few cranial cells left sparking, ) wannbe with just enough wisdom to not electrocute myself, but not enough to keep from burning the house down!. I have the same PPP 4/6L6 40 watt Baldwin amp you modded in the pics, and would like to know if it were possible/feasible to do a simple rewire on the sockets to run EL34's. (after installing a bucking tranny on the input to drop the input volts a tad) I plan to also try adding some London power mods for getting the tubes to fatten up just a touch (don't like heavy EL34 tube distortion) as this will be converted into a guitar power amplifier to run pre-amps thru. I appreciate any suggestions and recommendations as I do not wish to feed money to a dead horse. Thanks.. kenny H
    I've cleared space for you, sorry, i don't check here often enuff. Also replied to The Radio Board Message, thnx much for the headsup.
    Hi Mark,
    Hoping that you are in better sorts and your health is well. Also inquiring as to the progress of that Magnavox 175 console amp project.
    Please let me know of any news,
    Thanks Mark
    Dan
    Sorry to bug you, I received my 23% tapped Edcors for my 9302 Maggie. Is there a special way to hook those up to ensure they're in UL mode..... or is it automatic because they are 23% taps? Thx
    Hi Mark,
    I've been curious about your sig pic and the ref to conti the robot for quite a while,I know a fair amount of sci-fi,where are they from?I tried googling,with no success.
    Thanks,Scott
    Not so much under a rock as involved with a couple other projects and some emergency situations here that are getting resolved for the time being. Trust you are well.
    Hey Mark,

yeah I guess the real problem is that I just don't know where I should look for them. There really aren't any good shops around where they would have receivers or preamps or even turntables for that matter.

Daniel
    Hi Mark,
    I was wondering is you had a chance to go through your pile yet. Please let me know if you have the tubes and what are you asking for them. I'd like to have them by next weekend (the 11th), as my project is due by 18th of November, and I will need at least a few days to tweak and tune it...
    Thank you, Paul.
    Hi,
    I saw on a thread that was upgrading a 9303 Manavox tube amp and saw that you
    bypassed the large cap with a 22K resistor, on mine which is a 175-67 the person
    who had this amp before, made it a stand alone and put in a 100K resistor there, is
    this O.K. or should I use the 22K one, any help in this would be great.
    Thank you
    Tube-a-lou
    Mark, Rex and I have a lot of common interests..esp. tube gear! Give me a shout at 314-651-9396 at your convenience, I have five or six pieces of gear I'm trying to get working again. Paul said you are the man at figuring this stuff out!
    Dave
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom