Tom Bavis
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi. Tom. Do need or want a SAMs photofact for a Harmon Kardon A500 I have a good scan of a original.
    Tom,
    My name is Mark and I have a Stromberg Carlson ASR-120 amp and need to replace the capacitor but am finding conflicting capacitor sizes. Do you know where I can find a schematic and conformation on the correct capacitor? Thanks
    hi Tom. my name is greg gotham i have a set of stromberg carlson three way crossovers # RX-463 and took photos and sent them to your email address through your web site sometime ago. i was wondering if you ever got the photos and if you have a schematic for them.. i have four of them and have trouble with one , so i need to get a tech to repair it. a schematic will help. can you supply me with one thank you... a stromberg NUTT
    Hi Tom, sorry to bother you but i found an old post (2005) where you wrote about an accurate schematic of a seco 107a tube tester and you would make me a big favour if you could send it to me. I just bought one of those testers on ebay and i need to know the exact values of caps and resistors to bring it back to life :)

Thanks
    Hey Tom, let me know if you have any of those caps for the speakers. (heathkit as-16) 6uf caps
    Thanks
    Hello Tom. I have noticed on other threads that you have a few schematics. I have a friend that has a Motorola HS-696C amp without the tuner section. I told him I'd like to see a schematic so we could adjust the power supply to what it should be without the tuner connected. I have scoured the internet for one but haven't founf it. Is that model something you have on hand?

Thanks, Neal
    Hi Tom,
    Just wanted to thank you for your help with my amp.
    I've completed the modifications and the voltages are spot on where they should be. I can't wait to hear the amp now that I know the outputs are balanced (and safe w/the 10Rs). Now I need to acquire a rectifier tube as the Sovtek went south which is what prompted me to do these mods. Hopefully I can pick one up locally tomorrow.
    Thanks again for your comments, it really helped out a bunch!
    Mike
    Hey Now Mr.

Would you by any chance have the sams for a Zenith 835 chassis 8CO1? Is there anything I could do for you in exchange for it? This is not the first one you have provided to me, and will likely not be the last one I ask for. Another cat sent me an M97XE, I sent him some records. I also passed on the karma by giving my M97XE to a musician friend of mine when it turned out it was my turntable that had a bad wire. Let me know if there's some vinyl I could send your way.
    Tom,

Got your note about 'not' posting 'for sale' or 'wanted to buy' on AK. Sorry if I violated any policies. I've not been a big 'forum' participant....so no doubt there's a lot I'm unfamiliar with. While this is not the first rule I've broken....and will likely not be the last.....I'll definitely try to be as careful and considerate as possible! I guess AK does have a location for either 'for sale' or 'wanted to buy' stuff.....but one has to be a 'member' in order to access that location in the forum. I guess I'll have to bite the bullet on the $25 asap and take the plunge into 'membership'! Until then, my junior status will have to suffice. Thanks Tom!! Tom D.
    Hi Tom,

I really didn't know how to price it. Guess I was in the ballpark. PayPal is fine. Any suggestion on shipping? I like to double box things which adds to to overall size. I've found that UPS is probably best. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
    John
    Hi Tom,
    Don't know if my pm made it through ... you had asked me whereabouts am I located. I'm in Ithaca. Was wondering if you may have heard anything about those oscilloscopes your friend of a friend had. I saw a couple in my area, but they seemed to ancient and out of good repair.
    Hi Tom: in regards to the sams diagram for the Pilot hf56, if you have it, could you photocopy it & let me know what you would want for reimbursment of your time & trouble. i would be happy to pay or trade. i have quite a few tubes laying around here.
    thanks
    Hi Tom: Do you know of a source for original SAMS (I have
    trouble reading copies or scans) for a Magnavox console #
    1 ST 231 L and Motorola console # SKR151-W? I need info on
    all the parts of these - amps, tuners, mpx etc... please PM
    me, eMail: firesweep"at"verizon.net or call 8A-8P - thanks.
    Roger Anderson Binghamton NY ph: 607 754-0031
    Tom,

Hope you are doing well. I would appreciate it if you could help me clear something up. I own 4 vintage tube integrated amps (Stromberg ASR-444, 433, Scott 222C and Sherwood S-5000 III) All 3 amps use 2 or more 12AX7 tubes. I purchased vintage NOS tubes except for my dads old ASR433 which has the original Tung Sols. I only use there amps with auxin for CD's or Music Server input. Is it true that since I do not use phono or tape that the 12AX7 tubes that are in the amps are not even used? I did an experiment with the ASR444 and it worked fine without a single 12AX7. Thanks for any help on this. Regards
    Tom! So glad to have you here - your posts contribute a lot of good information to the forums. I know that I have benefited in the past from your knowledge, as have many others.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom