R
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi RCA2000. I wondered if you had a minute to help me out on troubleshooting a CTC169 i have no picture on. I've replaced a few parts so far, but no luck. Set fires up, but no picture. Thanks, cheebster.
    Hi,

I have a G2000 that I picked up a couple of years ago. It had never been owned and it is basically in brand new condition. It was working quite well with the exception of the vertical circuit. I couldn't fill the screen and keep vertical hold. When I filled the screen with the height control, it would start to roll.

But after about an hour or so of working with it....oh it had a freakin gorgeous and bright picture on it...I lost the raster and what seems like most if not all HV. I suspect that the SCR's may be the culprit here but I am trying to locate part numbers for the Quadrupler and flyback. I do have the tech manual that came with the set but have been unsuccessful in locating anything besides the original RCA stock numbers and was hoping you might have a source for the quad and fly for this set.

I did pull the chassis to check for any bad caps....just found one big ol 250uf 175v cap that I replaced with 2 100uf and 1 47uf caps at rated for 250v. The old cap was right at the edge of its rated 20% tolerance testing at 299uf. The frankencaps tested at 249.5 so I figure that is pretty darn close to spec.

I will be testing to see if I have any hv at all and following the procedure for the quadrupler to test it...but I thought I would get in touch with you.

This wonderful old set deserves to be brought back to life. Aside from cleaning all the contacts, the power cans and that big paper cap, there really isn't much to restore.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Roy
    RCAkid
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom