Robisme
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi Rob. Sf_art here. I have a Marantz 2270 that has an FM tuner issue. The tuner does not tune stations clearly; I have an antenna connected to it. Also the stereo light does not come on. I am located in Antioch, CA. Can you look at my vintage receiver? Hope you are not too busy. Thanks in advance.
    Hi Rob, Oakland AK lurker here. I’m hoping that you can get my old Marantz 2226b sorted. It has a variety of issues that are beyond my abilities.

Thanks in advance,

KevinD
    Hello Rob,
    Do you do any work on Marantz 4400's ? no left channel signal.

Thanks,
    Roger
    hello Rob
    You work on my 9090db back in Feb 2013 and did a wonderful job on it. I have a G9000 that one channel will be silent after 20 mins playing
    and a Marantz 2285 that would make popping noise on speakers. Do you have time to repair both. I live in the Peninsula.
    Thank you
    Nick
    Hi Rob: My wife and I are relocating and wondered if you would be interested in any of my Sansui stock.Scott Thompson in San Ramon. Call me at 925-648-one669
    Hi Rob Im getting ready to restore my 9090. Wondering if you have complete list of parts to order through Mouser?
    Also are these receivers difficult to work on? I just did my 999 and 9500 last week, I was able to navigate those with a little struggle but not bad. The 9500 being a little more of a challenge, but got through it.

Thanks Loren
    HI Rob! name is Dion. I just acquired a AU 7900. I was looking for someone to go thru it and tune it up? Would you be interested? I am in Pleasant Hill. Super close..
    Rob,

My name is Bill. I have an AU 20000, AU 9900, TU 9900 that Need work. I had sent the 20000 back to Chicago years ago for some work and it returned with the LT channel out but would cut back in when the volume was raised then cut out again. The TU needs replacement parts for the worn ones as does the AU 9900.
    If you email me I will send my number and would like to talk with you about doing the repairs.

Thanks
    Hello Rob! Seems like you are the go to guy for repairs or at the least advise on repairs or where to go for a reputable repair. Hi my name is Jeff I have a Sansui 990db that sat in a local repair shop for 7 weeks...They said they were still trying to figure out the problem...I am trying to find someone to get this guy back up and running...Help me OB1 Kenobi...your my only hope...
    Hello Rob,
    Just picked up a very clean Sansui 5000... 20 bucks with the knowledge that when turned on it goes into protection mode... small red light.
    I am a TOTAL novice. Where would I start shy of taking it in for service ?
    Regards,
    Chip
    St Clair Shores, MI
    How are your Reference: R series receivers working? I'm still happily using my 450R. I think the right channel may be slightly weaker in output than the left, but is barely noticeable.
    Hey Rob,

I have an AU-717 that started crackling on one channel.

2 problems I know of:

1. The infamous protection circuit issue where it takes forever for the relay to kick in.
    2. Due to #1, I often left it on 24/7/365 for almost 20 years until I heard a light crackling sound on one channel.

Would you be interested in taking this on?

Thanks,

David in SF
    Hi --

I'm in the Bay Area and looking for someone to refresh / restore a pioneer SX-680 I bought on eBay (an LED light upgrade would be great also). AK member captouch, recommended you as a possible resource to do this.

Could you please let me know if this is something you have time to do and approximately what the cost / options would be? I know this would just be ballpark.
    Thanks!
    I have a 9090 db sansui, in need of repairs. The audio won't turn down & the fm tuning isn't working properly. I bought it in Japan, 1977. At the time, I spent over 6 months researching & going to stereo shops. Sansui was my favorite, but would have purchased a Yamaha. If you can do the work, or know whom could do it, I would greatly appreciate it.
    Hello,sorry for the intrusion on a weekend.
    I would like to have a check up/repair on a Kenwood ka 4002 (from eBay).
    I'm in Walnut Creek, phowe3@yahoo.com
    How can I contact you properly about it? Thanks, Paul Howe
    Hi Rob:

I have an AU717 that has performed well for years, but when I last went to turn it on, the power light just continued flashing and did not go solid. Can you bring it back to life please ?

I live in Vallejo, work from home. I can bring it by any time. Please give me a call - 415 577 7577

Thanks,

Brett Saunders
    Hello. I have acquired a TU 719 and would like to ask some questions. I am trying to perform some alignment, however, TCa4 is extremely sensitive and loose and the dial jumps around. I do align with 98 however I cannot get to 88 on the scale because the gang is completely closed. Any thoughts?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom