BilboBaggins
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• @BilboBaggins I'm sorry to bother but, I read your post regarding the Teac Z-7000 and it's successful repair, and was wondering if you could please share with me the contact information of your repair tech in the Toronto area?! Thanks in advance and have a great one. Cheers Rod.
    I did get a chance to check out the Yes album and it made its way into regular rotation quickly! The last song on the first side is probably my favourite so far but I look forward to getting more familiar with the whole album as I liked what I heard right though. Thanks again, the artwork alone had me impressed and it didn't stop there.

How are things with you? Are you still settling into what you have or has the bug started to come back?

Cheers,
    Matt

PS sorry about the 3 messages, I'm usually more of a lurker on AK so if there is a better way for next time feel free to let me know!
    Unfortunately haven't gotten rid of the shrillness I was experiencing before. Thinking back to when I first got the Klipsch I had the same problem with them and it was the same frequency so I'm going through the Fisher with a fine tooth comb at the moment and also seriously considering new tubes. My number one theory right now is a microphonic tube as they are all original and the original wiring of the amp ran the output tubes hot. The Fisher uses 7591 output tubes which have been questionable and limited in the new market. Tung Sol just recently made a new one that people are raving about and I'm seriously considering them. Unfortunately all the raving has also made them incredibly hard to source, so I'm just looking at it as a chance to see how others hold up after some considerable hours are put on them. Once I've clarified none of my gear is at fault if the issue persists hopefully they will be available again and with just as strong reviews as they have out the gate.
    Hi Byron,

Things are going well thanks!

I have fixed the tweeter and had the system running for a while. I also got a chance to check the caps and they're bleeding a little but I think I'll leave them for a while as they are still pretty good! I added the dampening to the tweeter enclosures and some extra dampening to the main cabinets as well, and rewired the speakers. All this certainly gave them a lot more realism and the tweeter isn't buzzing anymore!
    I'm really sorry to hear that. While Ottawa isn't that close to Toronto, it is about 5 hours drive, depending on when you go and how fast you drive. My eldest daughter lives in Toronto, and I am due for a visit, but it won't be the last two weeks of August. My parents will be visiting then. That will be crazy busy, and exhausting.

Listening to the bose with the amt 1am's, and really liking what I hear. These are really nice speakers! The 901s will be going into a different room than where they are right now. That will probably happen as it gets colder. I have to decide what I use in the 2 sets of speaker outputs on the 1801. I am leaning towards using the 901s on the remote, and the amts on the main. Which means my outdoor speakers will need to be wired to my living room Kenwood Supreme 500.

Take care,

and try to get out to see your Uncle.

Byron
    My eldest Uncle in Toronto isn't doing well. I was hoping to visit there around the 18th, but not looking good financially. If, however, I do make it that way I'll have to pay you a jingle. Thanks for the invite. Same invite to you if you ever happen to make it to Oregon.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom