eljr
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About

• Hey eljr, how are you doing? I haven't seen you on AK for awhile. I was just thinking that the annual Christmas thread is coming, and I hope you are a part of it this year, as you have been in the past. It wouldn't be the same without you. So, I hope all is well. All the best - Gannon
    Lol, so much different ones in France, i was afraid to overload the messages box ^^
    Welly, welly, welly, welly, welly, welly, well. To what do I owe the extreme pleasure of this surprising visit?
    Eljr, for smart, innovative jazz, I would also recommend a small, collectively-owned label out of Frisco (I think) -- Cryptogramophone. Guitarist Nels Cline, who has been a member of Wilco for several years, is almost their "house" guitarist and has five or six releases on the label. I like everything he does -- and I don't think I've ever heard a bad Cryptogramophone release.

Another really smart, adventurous label is the British Discus label. The releases are all over the place and some are truly avant garde, so you should just check out their Website (likewise with Cryptogramophone). In particular, listen to some clips from "Orchestra of the Upper Atmosphere" or "Combat Astronomy." Amazing stuff, in my estimation

Cheers,
    Bill
    I really appreciate you sticking up for me when guys try to trash me or the thread. Thanks. I would love to know as much as everyone else about music. Thanks eljr.
    What specific problems did your 201 have? My second one played everything and didn't make much noise. It just had that annoying beep between tracks. The 301 only beeps at the end of a CD.

I'm new enough to the forum not to understand the "in and outs" of the "friends" and I didn't really see an explanation of it. It took me several months to realize about private messages.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom