leesonic
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About

• Hi. AK member Binkman, told me to PM you regarding a NAD 214. The thermal fuse in the transformer is open. I've dug it out and plan on replacing soon. Any advise you can offer is greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Mike
    Hi Lee! I have a 3020 that is ready for a checkup. Thank you for any information you can provide.
    leesonic
    leesonic
    I sent you a message about restoring it.
    Hey Lee! It's been a long time. Hope you are well! Hey I just picked up a set of Optimus fours for $20 and they're amazing condition I was wondering if you had an idea of what I could do or what I should use to replace the crossovers I'm sure at this age they need it.
    Might you be willing to replace the speaker protection relays and the associated resistor in my wonderful sounding NAD 2200 power amp. I have the 3 new replacement parts but my soldering skills are too rusty to tackle this myself...Thanks, a former North Jersey boy!
    The volume knob has broken on my NAD 1020. Might you have one laying around.

I followed your rebuild of yours and showed it to my local tech. He did not seem interested in such a project.

Do you have a ball park price for a recap and tuneup.

Thank you,
    Jack
    Hello Lee, my name is Jim . I am the original owner of a NAD 3020. It overheated a while back I would like to fix and possibly restore the entire unit. Do you have any ideas as to why it overheated?
    Can you give me a ballpark on the cost? Thanks, Jim
    leesonic, your reputation preceeds you.Question, i recently bought a Nad 3020 second gen did they fix the legendary cross talk issueon the unit or starting with the 3020A? thx-R
    Hello Lee, I have an NAD 3020 series 20 that I am considering having recapped. Wondering if you're still doing these and if so, how do I go about arranging with you for repair? Thanks
    Hey Lee, do I understand that you might recap NAD equipment for members? I have both a 1020 and a 3020 I am considering
    Hi Lee, I just picked up a pair of kef 103.2. Not much sound coming out of them. They look perfect but I'm guessing it's the crossover. How much do you charge to restore these crossovers, I saw your post about having done a few of these. Also, how do I test the drivers to make sure they are ok and worth redoing the crossovers ? Thanks! -joe
    Noticed that you have rebuilt and sold some NAD 3020 integrated amps. I wanted to throw my contact out there to you in case you redo another.

Many thanks!
    Brian
    Hello, I hear you might have a Pioneer RT-707 you might be willing to sell. If so, what kind of shape is it in mechanically and astecically? What might you want to part with it?
    My dad had one, and when he died we gave it away to one of his buddies. Now I miss it and want one for nostalgic reasons.

Thanks,
    Fred
    Hi there. Just to let you know, for some crazy reason I'm looking for a record cutter. Probably would like to avoid the Recordio level machines, would prefer something like a Presto or Rek-o-kut, or perhaps something more modern....Thanks.
    I wish I lived closer, the things you just posted represent some of if not the fairest or best prices I've seen on AM Marketplace. Good luck, they shouldn't last long.

Earl
    Uhhh, sorry, in editing down to 1000 characters, I deleted the part about the pre amp section of the Marantz being out, and recapping it in general...that's what I'm looking for assistance with. Thanks.
    Hi Lee,

I stupidly hooked up speakers hot and incorrectly yesterday and probably blew some output transistors on a Denon 4308.
    This is anticipation of replacing my old TV with a Samsung Smart TV, the F8500 which is on order.
    Anyway, instead of repairing the Denon, I'm thinking of reverting to an old setup with a Marantz 4100 and powered center channel speaker and sub. I used this before in conjunction with a Gefen hdmi to hdmi plus audio converter.
    I'm really trying to simplify the setup so that Samsung handles all of the HDMI devices and outputs to the Marantz using a tape loop. I'll use the other tape loop for my Sansui QSD-2.
    Got any interest in doing this for me? Any interest in taking the Denon in trade for (some of) the labor?

You can contact me directly at matt.berg.philly@gmail.com or text or call 267 303 0517. Also, please let me know where you're located. I may have some time midday Friday for a drop-off if you're interested.
    Hello,

I have an NAD 3120 which needs some refurbing. It still works well but it
    sounds very soft right now. Are you still doing this work and if so what is
    involved.

Thanks,

John Clark
    Hi, Could you ask the buyer of your KA-7100 parts if he might could sell a balance pot? Please and thanks for any help.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom