Poinzy
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Albums About

• I'm still reworking stuff digitized from a set of 78's. It's hard to recover the harmonics from worn shellac recordings.
    I hate vinyl as a recording medium. I even hated it when I was a kid. I don't hate the stuff that's recorded on it. I want that preserved.
    Dust is the least of my worries when doing a vinyl-cleaning job. I envy the people who can get good results with a vacuum cleaner.
    My cleaning efforts on LP's are usually rescue missions -- I get my LP's from a local university used-record shop.
    I don't love reading technical articles either. But you get much better info from them than you do just chatting on an audio forum.
    "Will there be an Mac version? When is the Mac update coming?" I'm glad don't have to ask those questions anymore.
    Guys on Gearslutz are bitching about Apple de-emphasizing pro computers in favor of consumer toys. I'm glad I switched to the PC platform.
    Once upon a time, I thought I didn't need Izotope Ozone, but, boy, was I wrong.
    I'm working in a dinky home studio, for Chrissake. You'd think guys working in full-fledged professional labs would do better.
    I'm amazed, sometimes, at what pass for professionally restored and remastered recordings. I can often spot gross errors by "engineers."
    Again, how about doing a little background reading on your own, instead of trying to get forum members to do research for you?
    How hard is it to do a little background reading? You can tell which people use TV as their primary source of information.
    File under 'Why Does This Keep Coming Up?': "What's wrong with linear-tracking turntables?" Google is your friend here, folks.
    I'm discovering that the more trivial the point, the more aggressively it is likely to be challenged. Forums are very odd places.
    I wish I could explain to people just what exactly the Izotope Ozone 'Imager' does, but I can't, and Izotope probably won't tell ME. Lol.
    I'm always afraid of getting blamed for causing a ruckus on a forum, even if it was unintentional. So I'm an extremely cautious poster now.
    Doing the shopping preliminaries for a new computer. It's so much easier when you aren't a computer gamer. Plus I hate heat and noise.
    Nothing will put me to sleep faster than a discussion of the history of vinyl. I was there, man. You weren't even born yet, so shut up.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom