MBuras
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hello, I have a 4300 with a blown power switch. A previous owner jumped the hot wires so it would power up. This power switch has a yellow and black and yellow and brown wire (I think they are neutral/ground) running up to a pigtail plugged to a board. There is no snubber I can see. Where do I install the snubber on the new switch? Thanks.
    Hi, I saw your post where you said that you were able to get a modern part number to replace an OMRON #G2R-2232P-V relay, and I was wondering if you could kindly provide me with that part number and where you purchased it. I'm having issues with a channel going out intermittently. Thank you.
    J
    Jason Hirsch
    Perfect, thanks! I was looking at a different post, I should have sought out your repair post.
    Reactions: MBuras
    J
    Jason Hirsch
    Ended up soldering in new relay, and applied some fresh solder to RCA input board connections in case there were any cracks in the solder there. Also put new solder on any locations that looked at all suspect. Powers up just fine but I no longer have sound. Man, I can't catch a break! haha
    J
    Jason Hirsch
    Take that back. With equalizer on, volume is very quiet out of left channel (almost inaudible.) When I turn off Equalizer the volume goes up. Still have issue with channel going out though so don't think it was the relay. If I swap speaker wires the issue follows the speaker. I'll start a post to see if I can get some more help chasing down this issue. Thanks again for the relay number though!
    Finally had some good deals come my way on equipment that needs a helping hand. Digging back into restoration for a bit.
    Hi . i recently bought a sony ta 1150d amp and was wondering if you can help me on adjusting dc bias after recapping and restoring the amp . i dont have a variable transformer for adjusting dc bias porcedure . is there another way for doing it ? and did you use same voltage and microfarad for two big caps or changed them ? Thank you .
    MBuras
    MBuras
    It’s been a while but I didn’t use a variable transformer. Just make sure the trimmers are at mid way or a little less and adjust from there. As long as you don’t have any shorts (hopefully checked with a DBT) you should be good. I didn’t make any notes about complications.

For the big caps I increased them from 50v/4700 to 80v/6800. The physical size was a good fit.
    P
    parsa
    thanks for the fast reply really needed the info . best regards and merry christmas
    Hi, I saw your post on the 1122DC that you restored. I am inexperienced, but have replaced power switches and caps before. Would you be able to recommend a new power switch, and a new capacitor for the power switch? I am not sure what to look for. Thank you.
    MBuras
    MBuras
    I don’t recall which style switch is used in the 1122dc and I no longer have one to check. Your best bet is to ask in the Marantz forum. The snubber capacitor is usually .01uf and safety rated. Some models have a combo capacitor and resistor so you’ll need to check your specific application.
    A
    acidtest64
    I am considering doing a recap job on my 4230 and 4240...Would you happen to have a list of caps for either of these receivers? Thanks
    MBuras
    MBuras
    Sorry but I don’t have lists for those receivers. Because manufacturers made running changes it’s best practice to inspect your specific model and make a list based on your findings.
    I read your entire post on the 2285 and quite impressed. Any chance you would like to restore my 2285b? If not ,who would you recommend here in MI at a reasonable cost and knows what they are doing. steve
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom