Poinzy
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Albums About

• Testing wow and flutter on a turntable apparently isn't much of a challenge, because even Michael Fremer has mastered it.
    I"m really tired of being dependent on old, out-of-production turntables for archiving duties.
    I hope Sony sacked the guy who came up with the Mini-Disc idea. He was a real idiot.
    The problem is that just about everything in production is a medium-mass item. There's infrastructure, no problem with supplies.
    Very unhappy that I'm limited to a medium-mass tonearm for vinyl ripping and restoring now. I like VTF way below 2 grams.
    A new "luxury forum" is something I will definitely be avoiding. I foresee lots and lots of locked threads.
    There are entry requirements to engineering school. There are none to the Golden Ears Society, with predictable results.
    Luckily, for some people, engineering principles are meaningless. Otherwise, they'd have to try to understand them.
    The trick for TAS is to make their technophobic readership feel well-informed while giving them little actual information.
    Audio mags like TAS resist publishing technical info because they know their low-info readership are uncomfortable with science.
    Sorry, but 'The Absolute Sound' is an absolute piece of crap as a tech publication. It's little more than a glorified product catalog.
    I don't want to find out how well a piece of gear works AFTER I get it home. It's a money thing.
    Does anyone actually LIKE 'The Student Prince'? It really did take Mario Lanza to make this snoozefest at least somewhat interesting.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom