stereofun
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi,
    I saw a post where you discuss about gain ranges of the well known 2SC871.
    Do you happen to have data or know the gain ranges for the (D), (E) and (F) versions of the 2SC871 ?
    I would like to put accurate replacements in my Sansui QR-6500.
    The (F) all have a red dot meaning careful gain selection. No way to know how much...

Thanks.
    stereofun
    stereofun
    I've had no luck finding gain tables for the 871's. - best thing is to buy a gain tester like atlas dc-55 or cheaper model on amazon.
    Test the outgoing. Buy a whole bunch of 1845(f) and set aside highest numbers. You will get close to the 871's. The transistor tester will also help you identify correct pinout, faults, and ofcourse allow you to gain match important transistors like the differential pair.
    I Googled both the 2sc1312 and ksc1845 transistors. They show them having the same pinout. I'm stumped.
    I also looked at smurfer77's re-cap thread and his ksc1845's appear to be installed the same as yours. Which is opposite of mine...:-(
    I finished up the board, hooked up some speakers and Ipod...but no sound. any thoughts? Thanks
    Hey there stereofun. I am working on a Sansui AU-505. I read your re-cap thread. I'm replacing transistors on tone/equalizer board atm. Your photos show the transistors opposite from mine. I put ksc1845's in just as the 2sc1312's were. I thought the pinout was the same for the two.
    stereofun
    stereofun
    Very likely that pinouts are different. Good news you can Google the transistor and easily get a schematic. Then notice how the flat vs curved side relates to the pinouts. I usually refer to a drawing on a sticky note as I put the new ones in.
    Hi Stereofun, I am heading to Arizona soon and am looking to get my Sansui repaired. I am wanting a thorough and excellent job on it as I actually plan to keep it for the long haul. Any recommendations?
    stereofun
    stereofun
    I don't know anybody who does that in AZ. It is very time consuming stuff unless you really know what you are doing. I am specialized in the old gear: Au-505,555,777 But have no experience with the G series. If you really want it done well then the best bet is to ship it to trnsfrmr up in Oregon. His website is : qrxrestore.com cheers, Tom
    Hej Stereo

Der er en gammel skræve der siger, at man ikke skal bruge mere end 2-3 forskellige fabrikater af Elektrolyt kondensatorer ved en evt. recap, kan desværre ikke finde posten herinde på forummet mere. Kan du evt. ikke fortælle mig om dette ?

Ud over at lyder naturligvis skal bibeholdes.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom