needforspeed
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About

• beej, Thanks, I was thinking a spare would make life easier. I'll google it, And get a spare or 2. Thanks. Robert
    Morning Robert, Do you have a spare headshell for your PL-5? I always recommend having a spare or two so that cart swapout is quick, safe and easy. Regardless, you'll want to follow cart mounting instructions in the owners manual. If, for some reason, I didn't send you one let me know with an email address and I'll shoot the instructions to you. Secondly, break-in - give the new stylus 20 or so hours to break-in. You'll be pleased with the results. Any questions whatsoever, drop me a line here or to my email: beej1123j@aol.com.
    I'll go with the M95he/JICO combo. Is there any step by step info out there for the install? Thanks, Robert
    Morning Robert, Glad to read that PL-5 is still going strong. I am a big fan of Shure carts however the only new Shue out there is M97xE and that's getting mixed reviews due to QC issues in production. If you don't mind going about this in stages you can pick up a Shure M91ed or M95he and then upgrade with JICO SAS. That will fit with your price point and everyone who has done that with either has raved about the results. From a new category the Audio Technica AT440MLA gets excellent reviews and is in your price range on Amazon. You may wish to borrow your friend's Ortofon (if he'll go along) and mount it on your PL-5 and check out the results. The SL1300 does have a higher mass tonearm than does your PL-5 however and that will effect what you hear. I've tried the Ortofon OM10 Super on my PL-9 and while it is a very nice cart it didn't offer the richness (to my ears) that the Shures do. Hope that helps.

Butch
    P
    Petemark
    Used a 440 ml with a system deck for yrs. Till I discovered MC
    I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your positive post regarding our DIY headlight restoration kit.

We believe strongly in enlightening and informing the general public on important issues regarding vehicle safety. Our product has proven to be beneficial in various ways. What began as a concern for safety has resulted in an innovative DIY product that cross sells between several channels (safety, DIY, environmentally and economically).

We look forward to continuing a dialogue with you in the future.

Schimen and Danny
    LTBL.biz
    Hey Robert, I got the Carver M-400 Power Amp Cube but no output. You wouldn'tr have any idea where I can send that to get some service or repair work done on it would yu?

Ed
    I just finished cleaning up the Carver M-400.I'm going to let it dry out real good before putting it all back together.Then I'm hooking it up. First I'll try it through my Pioneer SX-1980.I did that back in 1981 when i first bought the 400.I went through the 1980 pre amp. If the 400 is working good I'll unhook it and run the pre amp through the 1980's amp. If that is good and working okay I'll know were back. This way I don't have to unhook everything from the the 1980.

I don't have 2 pair of speakers to work with yet. I'll be getting the lascalas next weekend. I have many cassette decks I could use and hook them to the C-1 and M-400 but no headphones so I'm still stuck with no second speaker
    Well dinner time. Got on my friend list. Now if I can figure this page out
    Ed
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom