Ray Gianelli
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi I’m not sure rhow this works I’m trying very hard to get ray gianelli I don’t navigate this site that well but hi ray if this reaches you my name is mark im a huge fan been watching your videos I have a onkyo m509 it’s stuck in protection at the amp board test points right ch reads 3.4 mv. Dc. Left ch reads 330mv dc. Any help as to what I can do would be greatly appreciated.

Mark.
    Ray Gianelli
    Ray Gianelli
    Take a look at Q118, diode check it. Bet that's your problem. If it checks OK, diode check Q120 and D110. If they're good, check the incoming voltage at the anode of dual diode D108, should be around +77 volts. But my money's on Q118. If it is bad, check R148 to see if it's still 120Ω.
    M
    Mark.Cass
    Ok l will let you know the results and thanks for your help. I really appreciate it
    M
    Mark.Cass
    Ok so d110 is gone what is a good replacement for this also r148 is gone
    Love your videos on YouTube. More than once you reference "a popular audio forum I'm a member of." Why be coy? Nothing wrong with being specific and naming AK and other forums in your videos to help connect people to the online resources you value. Doing so would only help build the community. Also, did you notice youtuber Glasslinger left a comment on your latest Distotion Analysis video?
    Ray Gianelli
    Ray Gianelli
    Sorry for the fragmented reply, there's a 420 character limit.
    Ray Gianelli
    Ray Gianelli
    Oh, and there's no comment from Glassinger on my channel.
    SKS
    SKS
    Yes glasslinger did, 6 days ago on distortion analysis video.
    "The real joke is when Mr. smartie hooks his .002% amp onto a speaker system with 15% distortion!"
    Hello Ray. Like many posters here, I found your YouTube videos.
    I have a Marantz 2325 the needs a power transformer. I purchased a 2330 transformer hoping it would work, but it has a dual secondary and will not work. If you know of a good transformer out there, please let me know. In any case, I have a 2330 transformer that needs a new home. :)

Thank you.
    Russ
    998cc
    KW6T
    Hi Ray. I came across your YouTube channel researching an issue with a Sansui AU-717. I really like your videos and the way you explain issues and solutions! I'm self taught and been doing repairs for around 20yrs. I'm having an issue with a 717 right now that I'll be starting a thread about on AK. It has a horrible "scratching" noise coming thru the phono section but plays fine on AUX and TUNER.
    I found you on YouTube and I am working my way through all your videos. I have done one restoration since getting back into my hobby after retiring (SX-780) and having a lot of fun. I do this now strictly as a Hobby and don't sell or provide services for money, it is only for fun and to help others. Thanks to you and others like Markthefixer, this is turning out to be a personally rewarding endeavor.
    Ray Gianelli
    Ray Gianelli
    Thank you, James! I try not to take in repairs for money, as I'm still working full time and cannot provide the kind of turnaround that I'd like.

Providing services for money makes it sound a lot like prostitution! :)
    I'm learning so much from you ray !
    As a electrician I always wanted to get into electronics but was very hesitant because I wanted to have a rock solid foundation when I start my journey also l used to teach basic and intermediate classes.
    It's always nice to get a little feedback your technique of teaching is spot on.
    Thank you hope your safe in Florida.
    Ray Gianelli
    Ray Gianelli
    Thanks Dana. I've always been fascinated by electronics, yet didn't get any training until i was 30, so a bit of a late bloomer. I started my Youtube channel to share what I've learned from so many generous souls.
    We weren't in Ian's path, so just a bit of wind and some much needed rain was what we got. Others on the west coast weren't as fortunate.
    Dear Ray. As I understand it you are a Floridian. Please write to me at santoscork@outlook.com, let me know if you, your cat and family are ok. If you need help send me a bank account (an IBAN account number) and I will send you what I can. I know you from youtube but I chose to write to you here because I wanted to reach out in a less public way.
    HI Ray! I found on YouTube but here you are! I just wanted to send you my sincerest thanks for the videos are walkthroughs you produce and post on YouTube. They are both educational and entertaining. Keep it up, I think your audience loves it. My best wishes and thanks!
    Hey Ray thanks again for the very nice restoration on my Sansui AU-717. It's a year after I recieved the finished amp. Still running 100% flawless and sounding so good.
    Ray,
    I recently found you on YouTube and I have thoroughly enjoyed your videos. I binged on them until I had viewed them all.
    You have a vp-7725 analyzer which I have never seen before. It appears to reveal more info on distortion than other analyzers. Would you PLEASE elaborate more on it in one of your videos. I done a search and, yes it is expensive.
    Regards,
    Bill
    Reactions: Alex Santos
    Ray Gianelli
    Ray Gianelli
    Hi Bill;
    Glad you liked the videos. Still getting the hang of working around the camera; it can be a bit awkward.
    The VP-7725 has some issues which I need to sort out, but I promise when I have I'll do a deep dive. You're not the first person to have expressed interest in it.
    Thanks, Ray
    Hi Ray. Just wanted to drop in and tell you I came across your YouTube channel and really appreciate it. You are a natural teacher and I thank you for the time and effort to share your knowledge.
    Wishing you the best of success.
    Regards, Terry.
    Hi Ray,
    Hope you are well! I am in South Florida and I have a Marantz 2225 that needs the phono preamp fixed. It's currently very muddy, volume sounds low and it clips easily at mid-levels. Are you interested in providing repair services for my reciever? Have a nice day!
    Hi Ray, I was given your name by a member. I'm in South Florida and I just purchased a Sansui 9090.
    The unit need some repair and cleaning. When you have a chance, can you please let me know, what will be the best way for me to contact you? And if you are still this kind of repair?
    Thanks
    Hi Ray, I am the original owner of an M-5090 and P-3090. Sadly, the amp will not come out of protection - used to live in MD and had a great shop there but moved to SC 20y ago and can’t find a trustworthy shop for my gear. Read your post about basket case M-5090 and was intrigued by your skills. Hate thought of driving 550 mi. to get these repaired but sounds like you’re the right guy for the job. Can we chat?
    I was given your name by a member. I'm in Central Florida and I just purchased a mint Sansui 9090, everything is original and I've heard strong opinions on both sides about recapping it or at least checking it out on a bench. Do you think I should leave alone or recap it and check the specs? He told me everything checked out but that could mean anything. I'm not sure where Lake worth is though.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom