K7sparky
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi Sparky. I’ve been instructed to reach out to you. Here’s a copy of my thread without the pictures. I’ve read your posts and looked over your photos with no success. I believe your the go to for my mystery. If you have a chance could you please go to my Thread ( Lafayette LR-9090 Mystery ) Thank you
    Sparky, read your thread on using the Altenistor on the Alps switch in the Lafayette LR-9090. About to do the mod to mine. Want to catch it before if fries. Is the mod still working for you? My alternative is to of course wire in a relay, but I like your mod better as you have stated.

Thanks,
    Perry
    K7sparky
    K7sparky
    Hey Perry
    Don't know why I didn't get an email
    Works great I've installed lots of them as have others in many brands
    Big thing on TRIAC is cheaper and easier than an ice cube relay which I did a lot of. I have not changed any relays to TRIACS about equal. You need to suppress relay coils also. Do the clean with scrubbing bubbles. About to add a TRIAC to a RS660.
    Hi, Gary the New Guy here again.
    I checked the DC bias on my Setton RS660.
    Left CH is around 8mV, Right CH is around 30mV.
    Should I be concerned? If yes, what is the recommended fix?

I have looked for a fix and was not able to find one (possibly a because if am New to this site)
    Hi,
    Another member suggested I chat with you.
    I am currently fixing a Setton RS660. Your repair notes suggest to change C18 on the Left PA from 47 to 220 uf. My Setton does not have C18 installed on either PA board.!
    Is this normal? Were there production changes? Or should I install the cap?

Gary the New Guy
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom