dlucy
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• Hi Doug,
    I am new. Currently trying to restore a Kenwood KA-4002 using your old thread as a guide -- just to get my paws wet doing something relatively simple.
    Not sure if you are still interested in this subject, so wondering if it is Ok to ask you some questions once in a while.
    If yes, should I add to your thread, start a new one or use some other option? I promise not to be a pest in any case.
    Regards.
    Reactions: dlucy
    dlucy
    dlucy
    Perfectly ok to ask general questions in my thread, appropriate to start your own thread to cover questions specific to your restore. Good luck!
    Wombaton
    Wombaton
    Thank you very much, Doug!
    Reactions: dlucy
    Hi Doug,
    I have a Heathkit AR15 receiver that needs help. Can you help? If you can, how much would help cost?

Paul Gallagher
    dlucy
    dlucy
    HI Paul. I'm not planning to do any more work-for-others for now as it has exhausted all my time and I'm not getting to my own projects. Good luck on your AR-15!
    cardoctordav
    cardoctordav
    What is wrong with your AR15?
    Hi Doug am working on restoring a 330C and all the recommended cap and transistor changes done for each board. The unit turn on, and voltages appears to be there but no sound from any inputs. Any idea where to start trouble shooting ? Am suspecting the preamp board. Thanks
    Hi Doug, I'm having a lot of static from my 330B and you seem like the guy to talk to! The odd thing to me is that as I increase the volume, it gets worse, then better for a bit, then worse again, and nothing except the volume seems to change it (though the FM channel seems less noisy than the FM stereo channel). I've deoxy'd everything I could, but still seems to persist - any ideas? Thanks!
    -Jake
    dlucy
    dlucy
    That sounds like the 2SC458 that “goes noisy” in the preamp section.
    J
    jpmartin05
    Thanks! Just noticed something else too - the static will move from left to right through the speakers when I play with the balance, but it won't shift when listening through the headphone jack - is this consistent with that diagnosis?
    Hi Doug! I'm looking to replace the red power switch+button on my HK 930. Do you know whether 1 from a 330b, 330C, and/or 430 would work on the 930? Thank you so much!
    dlucy
    dlucy
    Apologies, but I do not know if those would work. :(
    Building a Nelson Pass F5 v2 for one AK'er and restoring two more Harman Kardon 330Bs for another AK'er. The solder smoke is getting thick!
    Hi Doug, deep AK lurker here...Proud owner of 2 HK 330B's which i'd like to have cleaned / tuned / updated...was wondering if you do these restorations. i am not an electronics type. One unit is in Wash DC, the other in NY, No rush on the time frame, spring 2020 is good. Very impressed with your knowledge of these great units. Thanks in advance for your help. JCJim
    On the workbench: 2nd hk730, a Sansui solid state 7000, then a SX-737 and either a Magnavox 8601-20 or another Carver C-1 for BillD mods
    Hmmm... not enough funds for the Magnavox 8600-20 DG-SE1 build, so I'd better get back to finishing Wolverine's Sansui solid state 7000.
    The Yamaha PX-3 was quick, the hk 730 is complete, and the troublesome (my fault) Heathkit AR-1515 wrapped up after only 6 months.
    I've been working on building the spreadsheet for quite some time. The html page doesn't show the links and references in the excel sheet. There are pages with the devices and their cut sheets, a page of package outlines, and a direct component-for-component interchange. The html page I posted is just the data from the main sheet, but I thought it might be helpful in building your list.
    Doug - I linked a table converted from one sheet from my workbook. The formatting is a little off but the data is all there. There are several other sheets in the workbook for other devices and applications, but this is the complied cross-reference.
    dlucy
    dlucy
    Wow, that's a lot of work!
    Diagnosing a Tandberg 2080 for a good buddy... man! This thing has a jillion buttons on the front panel.
    My Kenwood KR-6160 developed noise... and that's what I'm listening to records with, so a one-weekend recap on the Kenwood.
    OK, I officially have too many restoration projects. I need an adblocker that locks me out of BarterTown, Craigslist and eBay.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom