lini
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I have an AT13EA cartridge and was wondering what you would think of replacing the stylus with a ATN14E stylus. I like the AT13EA, but it seems noisy, lots of surface noise. Other cartridges I have are not anywhere as noisy. The needle looks ok, but I really don't know the carts history. I have used this occasionally on a Marantz 6200 and recently on a Sony PS4300.

TurntableNeedles has a ATN14E (supposedly OE) for $76 USD. Would this be a worthwhile upgrade in your skilled opinion??

Thank you in advance for your help!!

Gerry Brown
    Hi Mandy,

I happened to see your thread over on VinylEngine first (i.e. before I found your message here) and have already answered there...

Greetings from Munich!

manfre / lini
    Hi Manfred, I hope you don't mind a newbie coming direct to you as you seem to know a lot about the dual 506 plus you're not US - I'm based in Turkey (but used to live nr Munich). I stupidly pulled the cartridge off the arm of my dual 506 when trying to replace the stylus. I posted a photo of the damage on a new thread under "turntables" - I don't know whether I need a new cartridge or a whole new arm if such a thing can be bought. I e-mailed Pollins who you recommended before but they said ein Tonabnehmersystem zum Dual 506 haben wir nicht in unserem
    Sortiment. Do you think it's kaput or could I get away with just buying a new TKS 45E cart and a DN 145E stylus ... and if so do you know a website where I can buy cartridges/styli online? Viel Gruesse, Mandy
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom