mrjbq
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• Can you please post several images of the Technics SL-1310 turntable and your price.
    mrjbq
    mrjbq
    I should be posting pictures tomorrow.
    Hi Brad. Ed C here, the guy from St Pete who got those L112's. Thanks again. They are now nicely matched with a Marantz 1200B. Sounds great. One question I have for you, if you don't mind. When I turn the speaker pots, there is static and noise, and at times, the left tweeter will lose fidelity. They sound like a typical pot that needs Deoxit. Is it easy to remove the back and get to them with the spray?
    mrjbq
    mrjbq
    Hi Ed.
    I have never had to clean mine. Before I took anything apart, I would just work the knob back and forth about 50 times. That may do it.
    If not it looks like you’d have to remove the woofer to get to it.
    I realize this probably isn’t very helpful, but again, I have no experience trying to clean them.
    Let me know what you end up doing and the results, please.
    Good luck,
    Brad
    I have an st-70 upgraded Bob Latino board mullard output tubes that I’d trade. Over 1k into it. I’m outside of Nashville. I’ll send pics if interested.
    2x’s
    2x’s
    Has your unit been recapped?
    mrjbq
    mrjbq
    To my knowledge, it is 100% original. I rarely, if ever, 'fix' something that is working well. You may feel differently. I’m trusting my local tech guy.
    2x’s
    2x’s
    Well the st 70 sold.
    Where in FL? Maybe I'm close enough to you to save you the trouble of shipping the DRM-500.
    mrjbq
    mrjbq
    Near Ocala. In Belleview, to be precise.
    mrjbq
    mrjbq
    Where are you located?
    Sir,
    I was made aware by a member that you have a pair of Cornwalls for sale. If so, please contact me at captmobley@tampabay.rr.com or 7274030892.
    Thanx, Jim
    I think I have enquired in the past about the Bose forum. Is it an AK forum? I have not seen it listed in the directory. I am very interested in the forum. Please share this with me. Roy
    hello
    just wondering if my package has shipped. i haven't received anything from you in my inbox.
    thanks
    Not really, because of the way the bulbs are wired - series pairs - replacing one bulb may find that its mate is still good, but for how long? That is why I replace them all as it is hardly worth the time and troubls to change a few only to have to go back in 2 or 3 months later.
    If some are out it is best to replace them all. Check with Dave (dgwojo) for 9 new 14V 80mA bulbs. He will send the bulbs and haetshrink tubing so taht you can splice onto the existing wires, just cut off the old bulb and splice in the new. The lamp in the dial pointer is accesible if you gently bend the two plastic "hooks" apart and lift out the metal plate.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom