vinyldavid
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings About

• Thnx for the reply,
    Is the cue lever the one on the left?
    Yeah, everytime I run the tape for awhile, there is a lot of build-up of black grime on the first lever on the left.
    I am using Ampex 456 Grand Master. I know it is good tape, but I think it is vintage.
    They were in the original sealed wrap and completely mint.
    That is very cool of you man, I would really appreciate the tape.
    By the way, I think I found you on YouTube, do you have the video of the TAC 3340 with you talking?
    thnx again,
    Thomas Wright
    Hey man, How ya doin'?
    I think my reel may need a new belt/pinch roller/ belts or it just needs to be cleaned, lubed and oiled.I would like to get it professionally serviced, that way I won't always be trying to be one step ahead before it breaks.When there is no tape on, the deck runs beautifully. but out-of-control.
    I dunno if this is a problem but, if the deck is in fast-forward, the supply-reel goes significantly slower than the take-up, it seems as if the take-up reel is pulling the supply reel's weight if the deck is rewind, the reel on the right goes slow and the original supply reel works good. When it is in rewind, it is going so fast and gives off a strange squeaky/metal-on-metal sound.The reason I think it is the pinch roller/capstan, is because if I load a tape on, it starts off good and very suddenly does a major decrease to stop.I can't tell how bad I want to hear it!
    ALL I CAN DO IS LOOK AT THE DAMN THING!
    thnx
    Thomas Wright
    Hey there, whats up man?
    In your message you said that your 3340S just sits around,

Would you be willing to sell it?

I could also trade it to you for a TEAC 4010 reel.

I also have a TEAC 7030 reel.

If you're not using it, I would be very happy to take it off your hands.

Because my 3340S hasn't been able to play since I got it due to the tape stopping.

I have to save a good amount of money before I can get it repaired.

thnx bro, take care
    Thomas Wright
    Hi David,

I grew up in Kirkwood and DesPeres listening to KSHE-95 from the beginning to the early 80's. I played Hockey in Kirkwood and Creve Coeur. I moved to Florida in '84. I still have quite a few friends in the West County area. I used to skate at Kirkwood rink on the weekends in the late 60's early 70's and they always played the same tape. Every time I hear Ray Conniff it brings back those memories. I've been back a few times to visit but I do miss KSHE, Ted Drews, and Rigazzis...
    Me too I am a member on the form my moniker Autobot as well.
    I only posted once asking a question.
    The players are way expensive
    Hi David

I live in Kirkwood, MO read your post about good FM stations in STL, too bad we lost or smooth jazz station several years ago. I myslef am luck to have a mint plus Sansui TU719 tuner and AU9900A Sansui intergrated.Would love ANY accuphase tuner or a REVOX tuner just to see what a "grail' tuner sounds like. Nice reading youi post.

Jim , Kirkwood, missouri
    Hi David, How are you doing!

Did you get your imac setup and how is it working?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom