thevic24
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About

• Hey, Iam great.

Iam still using EH6550's but found some old Tung Sol's for the outer 2 and have been trying out a NOS RCA CBS/Hytron 7728. I have also installed a Weber Copper cap, the WZ68.(its equal to running 2GZ34's in the ST120) Iam liking it a lot so far
    Vic, How are you man? What's new in Bob Latinoland? Any new tubes that impress? I've been thinking about picking up a 12AT7 Pavane (Shuguang) to check out. If I do I'll let you know. I'll use it in the centre position on the driver board.
    Hey,
    I am currently using a quad of EH 6550's. IMO, an excellent tube. They are much better than the Sovtek KT88's I have. I will be buying a quad of EH KT88's from Jim McShane next week.
    I would like to try a trio of Mullard's in mine. I have a trio of NOS Jan?Phillips 12AT7's in it now and they do a real good job.

-Vic
    Vic, How are you? Hey you mentioned using some 6550 power tubes on your VTA120. Which 6550's have you used and which do you recommend? I've been buying quite a few 12at7 tubes and haven't found anything quite as good as the Mullard's, although telefunken and Bugle Boy are really nice.

Ted
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom