Vaughn
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hey! Long time no talk, I've been getting back into audio stuff lately, good to see you're still active on here.
    Vaughn
    Vaughn
    A tube tester isn't really needed, just make sure you have decent testing set from a reputable seller. Lots of reasonable priced new production tubes out there as well. A multimeter and good soldering station as well as a couple of rolls of desoldering wick will get you far. If you do want to do something from the ground up the single ended 6BQ5 "RH84" circuit is excellent sounding and well documented.
    audiobiker
    audiobiker
    Gotcha! Did you start by pulling an old Magnavox from a console or something to restore? I'm thinking about finding an old heathkit or Magnavox tub receiver or amp to just restore and tinker with.
    Vaughn
    Vaughn
    I started with a pair of Heathkit w5M amps about 30 years ago, lots of amps since then...Dynaco, Fisher, Magnavox, Eico etc. I've got a little Magnavox amp that I'd sell if you're interested. I've got $200 into it and two good testing 6BQ5s and would sell it for the same. It will need some minor work to get going but is a great sounding amp.
    I'd call Mike at MSAudio and see if that is something he would work on. I just had him go over some amps and he did an excellent job,
    HI Vaughn, I got a pair of Quad II amplifiers, any suggestions as to who works on them ( and is also reasonable?) ? I really don't want to ship them, they 're just so minty... Thanks, Ed
    Hey Vaughn....I'm in Black Diamond and good to know of another AK'er so close to me! Up in Alaska visiting and finding those dang Tannoys has me floating! (Gonna eat dinner and dig in....Yup....salmon!) Thanks for your response and looking forward to some interaction with another audio guy that's close. Scott
    Good talking to you once again.... Came home with the $3.95 Dulcimer project and a 5" plastic 69' Mustang Boss 302 ($.49cents), and a couple LP's. I tried out that 3 motor Sony cassette....but it seemed like it was stuck in reverse! Didn't take it! I have my new Cerwin V + Mach 2 surrounds...along with my new Empire tt belt...that I picked up in Sumas@ Ship Happens... Now I just need some time to repair them all...guess the Empire will be first! Can't believe you scored 2 pair of A25's!! Ratz!!
    Hi ...I found you! I'm Jim ....that talked to you in GW Bellingham, on Saturday. Enjoyed talking to you about our audio finds. ...Jim
    I would like to buy the ADS 420 speakers. My son goes to school at western and I know he is going to be up there this next weekend.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom