Zilch
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Sweet! If I duplicate the 2226H e-wave project I will try to use those, because they are badass!
    JBL Screen Array, available in both 1" thread-on and 1.5" bolt-on variants. Under $150 apiece from JBL Pro Parts, last time I checked....
    Just wondering, on how the L-110s stack up against the 4410s and 4412s? I love the 4410s and 4412s, are they gonna be comparable? Thanks.
    Hi Zilch,

I've been reading up on all the econowave posts...very good stuff! My challenge is I want to build a pair but more along the size of a bookshelf speaker. Are you familiar with the 6.5" Exodus Anarchy driver? If yes, would it work with the JBL 6x6 waveguide? I really want to build a pair to try out...but don't have room for floorstanders. Thanks1
    Geez, and I thought you were the JBL clothing expert!
    I'll try my luck over at Lansing Heritage.
    Hi Z. It's carlspeak here. I have a pair of JBL 100A's and some new blue foam grilles to install. However, I can't figure out how to remove the original brown cloth from the wood grille frame. Can you advise here?
    Also, how does one attach the new foam grilles? They're from Sculpted-Foam-Innovations, in Parkville, MO.
    Carl
    Hello Zilch,

I need help!

I am considering buying the crossover for my JBL 4312A's --
    The "Jantzen Crossover Kit Pair for JBL L100 Century."

What do you think? A good idea?
    Is it a good match for 4312A (because it is originally
    designed for L100's which have different drives and
    maybe different cabinet size.

I think the bass in my JBL's is a little loose and mid's
    get tiny and harsh. Will this crossover improve these?

Will it become as good some better models like L112?

I really need your advise on this.

Thanks,
    Ramin
    Hi Zilch, I am in ebay,

Two candidates 12" woofer
    Speakerlab 1200B
    Speakerlab 1200R

Thanks
    Yes, but beware that car subs are often rated at a fixed voltage, not by wattage. You have to make the correct calc to 1W/1m to compare....
    I've only ever worked with the differential driver car subs. The optimum alignments are different for car vs. room use due to cabin gain. You need T/S parameters to model them properly, but with proper design, they will work for both applications.
    Hi, I know you're a big JBL fan, so I thought I would ask you if you have any experience with their recent car subwoofers. I was going to build 2 15" subs, and their subs are pretty cheap with seemingly good build and efficiency. I would use the JBL GTO1514, any opinion on this sub?

I thought about trying a folded horn with one of their vintage drivers also, but have no idea what driver I would use.
    Member Saeman on the Lansing Heritage Forum is now official purveyor of JBL Monitor Blue....
    Hi Zilch, could you please direct me to your AR4x e-wave threads?
    Thanks very muchly!!

ken
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom