Search results

1. P

How many stations can your stereo(s) pick up across the FM band?

You are right. I apologize. With 200 kHz spacing in "88 to 108 MHz" FM broadcast band "The FM radio band is from 88 to 108 MHz between VHF television Channels 6 and 7. The FM stations are assigned center frequencies at 200 kHz separation starting at 88.1 MHz, for a maximum of 100 stations."...
  2. P

How many stations can your stereo(s) pick up across the FM band?

In the “88…108 MHz” FM broadcast band, the potential is 50 stations.
  3. P

Hookup question

The existence of "record" and "playback" terminals DOES NOT automatically mean existence of a tape loop!
  4. P

Advice for a choice

And I do. On the grounds of my personal experience with five “generations” of amps with “0.007…0.009%” THD within "20...20000 Hz" and absolutely silent. That never “sounded” themselves, i.e. added nothing to the signal they received onto their inputs. And four “generations” of three-way “floor...
  5. P

Advice for a choice

I think there are. “Valid”? Any amp working with 6 Ohms load, not more than the “Recommended Amplifier Power [W]”: “DALI OBERON 7 SPECS Sensitivity (2,83 V/1 m) [dB] 88.5 Nominal Impedance [ohms] 6 Maximum SPL [dB] 110 Recommended Amplifier Power [W] 30 – 180”. And the best THD and S/N...
  6. P

Use an EQ with Onkyo AVR with no tape monitor?

The idea of a possible realization in such a case where an amp has not “TAPE MONITOR” function is not complicated per se, and it lets listen to programs from different sources and record them, equalized or not (by-passed). But rather complicated to accomplish, for it needs an equalizer having...
  7. P

Quick eq question

As shown in your last post, “REC” of your receiver to “INPUT” on an EQ. “OUTPUT” on the EQ to “PLAY” on your receiver. And for to use an EQ, press “TAPE MONITOR” on your receiver.
  8. P

Quick eq question

I couldn't find it on the Net. A link please.
  9. P

Thoughts On This Setup

Someone’s opinion is “THE theory” for you?!..
  10. P

Speaking of Microphones...

Well, then what is the sense of your question?
  11. P

Graphic Equalizers

After that a sound, being transformed into the electrical signal in the microphone, having passed through microphone amplifiers (and for low level sound sources, also through a microphone transformer), then through line amplifiers, audio mixing consoles with their stereo panorama controls, phase...
  12. P

Graphic Equalizers

They are. Wrong. They are.
  13. P

Why are equalizers not more popular?

They are. For those who, like you, really improve the sound meaning them.
  14. P

equalizer setup question

The idea of a possible realization in such a case where an amp has not “TAPE MONITOR” function is not complicated per se, and it lets listen to programs from different sources and record them, equalized or not (by-passed). But rather complicated to accomplish, for it needs an equalizer having...
  15. P

Why use an equalizer.

To adjust the final sound spectrum of a system, harmonizing it with spectral and damping parameters of LSs, acoustical reaction of the room and (so some degree) possible spectral defects of sound material.
  16. P

Is it ever OK to go past 12 o'clock on the volume ?

O'clock has no sense on volume knobs.
  17. P

Help, NAD C355BEE Ground Terminal?

Or a TT equipped with its own internal phono preamp-corrector.
  18. P

adding an EQ

Read the “B&K PT3 series 2 preamp” “Owner’s Manual” please (p. 13): “TAPE MONITOR - If you have an analog three-head cassette or reel-to-reel analog tape recorder you may wish to use TAPE MONITOR, which allows you to hear exactly what is on the tape as you are recording. TAPE § (SOURCE) step...
  19. P

Technics SU-9070 tape loop question

I used this circuit (“TAPE MONITOR” button and the respective terminals on the back panel of amps) for many years in several “generations” of my system, but for MONITORING a 3-head tape deck when I had it. But not for recording in the true sense of this word. To make a recording from an amp...
  20. P

Technics SU-9070 tape loop question

What’s the need for a “tape loop” for recording please?
  21. P

Choosing an Amplifier

With their "98 dB/W/m" sensitivity, be careful at such output powers as "100...200 W/channel" !
  22. P

Equalizer question

Yamaha or not (I had no Yamaha EQs) it doesn’t matter. In my personal practice, really high quality graphic equalizers introduced no audible noise into my system even at high listening amp’s volume control positions in absence of input signal on the amp, even with rather high sensitivity...
  23. P

New amp or new speakers?

There is no “room correction”. There is a correction of acoustical frequency response correction in only ONE listening place. Even in a professional acoustically treated control room a “travel” from the center to a corner causes changes in the acoustical frequency response, not to mention...
  24. P

New amp or new speakers?

A pair of speakers of much bigger enclosure volume, with one woofer of large diameter (approx. ≥30 cm) or at least two ones of at least ≥20 cm diameter. Of a higher sensitivity, desirably approx. “≥90…92 dB/W/m”. And the only real way to manage the spectrum of your system to your taste, is the...
  25. P

When did transistors begin replacing tubes?

Mediocre objective quality transistor equipment never replaced nor replace nowadays, excellent objective quality tube equipment. Mediocre objective quality tube equipment never replaced nor replace nowadays, excellent objective quality transistor equipment.
Back
Top Bottom