Search results

1. 89grand

Anyone else think cars are de-evolving?

I consider my Dodge Magnum a wagon, and I do it with pride.
  2. 89grand

If I Towed A Boat

If I was a Oakley wearing washed up jock, I'd do this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32kK7lQZSks It is kind of cool actually.
  3. 89grand

Chevy Tornado micro pickup

Wow, that sucks.
  4. 89grand

I guess it hasn't. I'd be super pissed if I bought a brand new car and within 6 years the paint was shot. Resale value would become shit, and the car would just look like crap regardless. My mother has a 2002 Mustang, and the clear coat went to crap several (maybe 3 or more) years ago at...
  5. 89grand

About the paint. A guy that works for me has a 2007 Toyota Camry he bought new and the roof is peeling clear coat bad. I thought most car companies cured that crap by the early 2000's. My 06 Magnums paint looks brand new. Even my off road used 2000 Jeep Wrangler still looks good...minus the...
  6. 89grand

I'm sure some people don't think I "need" these: I want them, so....I own them. I prefer to have what I want vs what others deem I need. Or this, back when I had it. With that said. I really like the looks of old cars, but new cars are clearly superior. Just the...
  7. 89grand

Will Vandersteen 2C's work with a modest receiver?

That's a big room, I think adding the B&K would definitely be worth while. Sure the speakers will play with any amp, but you might not get the volume levels you want. I'd say try it, and if it's not loud and dynamic enough, add the B&K.
  8. 89grand

Just pick a winning NFL team every week. It's easy...

Damn, I took the Seahawks last night. Wow, what a roller coaster ride. Well, at least I'm still in it.
  9. 89grand

Distributed Bass...

I run 3, I run one in the front (the wall in front of me) right corner firing back towards me, one a few feet back from the front wall on the left wall firing towards the right wall, and one on the right wall, about midway between the front and back wall firing towards the left wall.
  10. 89grand

Overkill on room dampening

I've never been in one, but I can see how it would suck. People get used to certain surroundings and it you take away hearing, sight, weight, whatever, I can see how it would screw you up. Me personally, I can't stand silence, let alone unnatural silence, If I could hear my heart or blood...
  11. 89grand

Kabuki ???

I bet it's not near as sophisticated as it should be considering the amount of drivers. Of course, there didn't seem to be a whole lot of thought into why that many drivers were even being used in the first place, so I wouldn't have high hopes for the crossover.:no:The cabinets pretty nice...
  12. 89grand

Boston Acoustics A-120 - The bastard child of the A-Series?

The A series is an OK speaker. I had first series A150's, sold them and never really regretted it.
  13. 89grand

What a Waste of speakers

Pretty much any speaker I could make out, and even most I couldn't, suck anyway.
  14. 89grand

Denon AVR-5700 or B&K ST-202 for 2ch

I'm not sure the exact vintage of that B&K amp, but I run a B&K EX-442 Sonata from the early 90's, and it's still going strong.
  15. 89grand

JBL L100T vs. JBL TL260 ?

I cannot really say that. I've never heard the TL260, but the drivers definitely appear to be from the Studio line, and used in a L250 looking cabinet. The L250/250Ti, are legends, so it seems a bit cheesy to me for JBL to use some average consumer JBL drivers in a cabinet that looks like the...
  16. 89grand

It would have been less obvious they were Studio drivers if they were actually all black instead of that gaudy silver. From what I understand, these weren't cheap, so they should have painted the drivers black at least. I think the woofers and mids do at least use cast baskets though which is a...
  17. 89grand

Balancing speakers of differing efficiency

With the whacky impedance that bowtie points out, I agree it wouldn't be a good idea to parallel them on a receiver. A speaker may have a "8 ohms" sticker on the back of it, but unless you can test it or have seen a report of it tested, you never really know the true impedance behavior across...
  18. 89grand

The TL260 looks like Studio series drivers in a L250 styled cabinet. I've never heard them, and I don't believe they were even sold in the states. If they are in fact Studio series drives, I'm not so sure I'd think they would out perform the L100t, but that's just a guess on my part. If they...
  19. 89grand

How does one get BANNED?

I acted like a dick once and got banned, It can happen, but the point is to want to stay here and act accordingly.
  20. 89grand

Thanks. I'll need some luck.
  21. 89grand

THE Official NFL '13 Thread

J E T S Jets Jets Jets.
  22. 89grand

Or so I thought it was easy. The sales manager at my work started a pool, you pick one team you think will win each week and the last man standing wins the pot. If you're wrong once, you're out. It was $100 to get in, and 16 people were in it so $1600 for the winner if it's one person. It's the...
  23. 89grand

Looking for inexpensive integrated amp that will connect to my Ipad

I'm a big fan of t-amps and class D's. My most powerful is an excellent sounding class D SMSL SA-98E. It was only $100 shipped from ebay and it puts out plenty of clean power. It's much more powerful than my two TA2020 Tripath based amps, although I like those a lot too, and they were half the...
  24. 89grand

Pioneer SP-BS22-LR, the real deal or hype?

They're freakin awesome. I'm listening to them tonight (and I have other, much bigger speakers I could listen to), and just took a quick break to hop on AK. They continue to shock with their much larger than their size sound, excellent tonal balance and ability to handle way more power and get...
  25. 89grand

Anyone had a bad experience with x-over recaping?

I recapped some KLH 23's and if anything they sounded worse afterwards. Not a lot worse, but definitely not better. Maybe I just don't like KLH 23's that much. I sold them for a small loss.
Back
Top Bottom