Search results

1. bilboda

Anyone have a good headphone amp recommendation?

If op ever gets back, he has 2 days to go for this 79.99. Don't have one but reviews are outstanding https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-o2-amplifier
  2. bilboda

In Ear Headphones

VE Monks at $5.00 should not hurt your wallet too bad. You'll forget all about those old broken cans, seriously..take the chance.
  3. bilboda

VE Monks $5.00...really?

Earbuds in the classic styling, not iem's, Venture Electronics Monks, $5.00 and seriously good. I have several pairs (big spender here) and simply could not get over how nice they sound. Massdrop did a run and sold over 3000 sets (again $5.00). You can get your own from VE's Aliexpress store...
  4. bilboda

DAC where is the best place to set volume for quality sound

Turn the volume to max on the computer, there should be no distortion. control volume thru the dac, wasapi or asio from jriver, of course if you would chime in on your dac and the connection (usb?) there could be better advice...
  5. bilboda

For just a headphone amp for a wide range of headphones, I'd recommend the Project Ember. I have one, tubes and opamp outputs ,adjustable output resistance and gain. For me it was this or the Project Polaris, all solid state with loads of adjustment features. If you will be using just one...
  6. bilboda

Which headphones?
  7. bilboda

which DAC

The Teac does look nice. I found it too expensive and went with the Aune X1S Xmos usb, works flawlessly in Windows 7 ASIO or wasapi. Does DSD, has a pretty good headphone amp 249.99 from Grant Fidelity. http://shop.grantfidelity.com/AUNE-X1S-32bit-384kHz-DSD-DAC-and-Headphone-Amplifier.html Here...
  8. bilboda

Looking for a New DAC!!

Aune X1s, 199.99 at Massdrop, spend the rest of your budget on some hi res DSD music or the Uptone Regen or both
  9. bilboda

Surround sound on a PC - is it possible?

Been a while, but I thought EAX was toast for vista and windows 7, The ddl encoding is a nice feature and some games support it as an option in their setup menu. I think the Half Life 2 games had that...Telling windows you have a 5.1 setup may not be fruitful for gaming.This would help if you...
  10. bilboda

Cheep DACs, Hires, Tubes, and blind faith

Try optical or spdif out. USB is hard to do right. It's my big question mark ob which dac to get...or you can get a diy galvanic isolator for the usb eliminating pc psu noise issues. I'd try the optical first...
  11. bilboda

When to buy a DAC?

I can tell ya about the musiland, depending on the software for music playback, you can instruct it to send the 44.1 khz out, bypassing the windows conversion to 48 khz. The dac will see the 44.1 and convert it to analog as is. The musiland does have an option to upconvert it but that will end...
  12. bilboda

DAC between my Imac (primary source) and my Preamp?

Musiland Monitor 02 US has good drivers and software with volume control, a decent dac...The Audio-gd headphone amp/dac combos have a volume control on them. Look at the NFB-12 or the FUN. I am still sitting on the fence of one or the other.
  13. bilboda

Bang & Olufsen EEE PC

Audio Hi-Definition Audio CODEC Stereo Speakers High Quality Mic. Nothing here, keep moving..... Get any ole pc and an Audio-gd dac, I'm leaning towards the NFB-12, on maybe the Musiland Monitor 02 US
  14. bilboda

When to buy a DAC?

If you are using windows, the musiland may be a better choice for you. It does not use the windows drivers and it uses bulk mode for the audio data. Basically, it controls the stream and tells your pc what to send and when, keeping everything running smmothly. It supports asio and wasapi (which...
  15. bilboda

When to buy a DAC?

This little beauty is getting my $$ http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB12/NFB12EN.htm Loong thread at head-fi, multiple inputs, built very well. It has usb, optical and coax. I will be using all 3. $237 is a very good price, imho. I did consider the Musiland monitor 02 us cause it's...
  16. bilboda

PC as source component

You need a usb to spdif converter. There's quite a few and some relatively inexpensive ones too. I am looking at the Musiland Monitor 02 US as it includes a dac (what I need) and it also has toslink and spdif outputs. There is a highly regarded usb to spdif only converter but it's name escapes...
  17. bilboda

Cizek Model II

I have a pair of those. I got my surrounds from an ebay seller after measuring them. I'm thinking the roll of the surround might be too shallow but they went in painlessly. I have foam material covering the cones too so I attatched the surrounds w/o shims. Nothing rubbing, so it went well. Very...
  18. bilboda

GW Find Boston Acoustic A70

Yep, easiest refoam I ever did. I had a guy listen to them for an hour before he bought mine. He loved them too.
  19. bilboda

Solid state Dynakit/Dynaco, anybody?

I had an ST-410 for a bit, all beat up and dirty, scratched,used professionally, I think and sounded wonderful, Bongiorno's first watt philosophy worked here.Prodigious bass at low volumes, lots and lots of power, never heard the fan.Wish I had it back.
  20. bilboda

DCM Time Window 1a's

timewindows appreciate power, for $ 400 you can get plenty yamaha pre amp and amp would be nice,kenwoods, accuphase integrated E-202...depending on what you find you could add the new Sony HD radio reciever, little new thing that outs out good fm,adding HD
  21. bilboda

recapping dcm timewindows....

It aint so much the degree of difficulty as the ability to get it right. You got more than your normal crossovers in there. There is a long thread at avsforum about these. Best get your reading glasses on an look first. They are wonderful speakers and if old caps that should be replaced could be...
  22. bilboda

Who are the BEST restorers of Vintage Amps?

Personally, I like the 1 liners used here and will be filing them away for future use.
  23. bilboda

1,100 For a Yamaha CA-2010 with A little over One Day Left!

high bidders dont have a lot of history,,,I suspect the seller will be making a second chance offer
  24. bilboda

Speakers you own, but haven't heard yet?

I got the polks rta-12c's and the klh 17 hooked up. Love them both. The KLH are really nice for what you usually pay (a couple $) at thrifts and the polks are fronts in a ht/music setup. My untested are Cizek Model 2's in surround repair and some odd Infiniti's that usually get panned by folks...
  25. bilboda

power cord for Accuphase e202

After a lot of googling I discovered the power cord type is no longer made. Not unique to accuphase but just a standard that is no longer used. A pc power cord fits and is what I've been using.I guess it jams a bit but that is the casing, not the prongs, that are jamming. A little trimming might...
Back
Top Bottom