Search results

1. Moot

Bozak Ron- Class act!

I'll second that praise of Ron. He helped me get a pair of HPM-900's picked up in Portland, delivered to UPS and shipped to my home in Wisconsin. First class AK'er!!
  2. Moot

Gas prices / One word

$3.09. Inevitable.
  3. Moot

Pioneer SX-1980 Transistor Modification

Hey EW, Just sent you $20.00 via Paypal. Reading this thread is so cool! :thmbsp: Moot
  4. Moot

Battlestar Galactica

One the of best SF shows on tv, now or ever. I love the gritty realism. Like, but not like Babylon 5. Would love to see this on the big screen as a full length feature film, but there's probably too much story to tell now. Enjoy.
  5. Moot

what are some good pc games?

I'll second World of Warcraft as being awesome. :thmbsp: Just wish they'd fix their server and lag issues. Moot
  6. Moot

what are some good pc games?

I Like Them All First Person Shooters (FPS), Real Time Strategy (RTS), Action, Simulations (driving, flying, etc.), Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Games (MMORPG). . . .I like them all. Unfortunately there's only so much freetime in every day. Wouldn't it be great if we could have a...
  7. Moot

And the Audiokarma Member of the Year 2005 award goes to.....

Right on, EchoWars! :thmbsp: Right on Luvinvinyl! :thmbsp: Congrats to both of you.
  8. Moot

Pioneer HPM 1500 on CL MN

He's also got them on ebay. HPM 1500
  9. Moot

HPM-900s

Oops, I forgot :) I should know better by now. I'll try to get some pics in the next day or two. Right now they're sitting out in the middle of the family room. I'll be swapping out the old for the new shortly.
  10. Moot

HPM-900s

Just wanted to post a public thank you to "bozak ron" for his personal assistance in my getting a pair of HPM-900s added to my growing vintage system. The speakers were part of a large Portland CL which Ron checked into and then offered to assist any other AK'er who might be interested in...
  11. Moot

Five Best Movies of All Time?

Just My Top 5 1. Lord of the Rings (All 3 in extended versions; it's one long story). 2. Indiana Jones, Raiders of the Lost Ark. 3. Star Wars, episode 4. 4. Dr. Strangelove. 5. Maltese Falcon.
  12. Moot

Mein führer, I can valk!

Welcome Back I'm still rather a newb here so I have no familiarity with you, past or present. However, Dr. Strangelove is one of my all time favorite flicks so I just had to stop by and say hi. P.O.E. Peace on Earth or Purity of Essence. Have a great New Years. Moot
  13. Moot

Which AK Favorite Speaker Do You Most Respect-Part II

Gonna have to pass on this one. I've never heard any of these speakers (hanging my head in shame). I'm am trying to acquire the Pioneer HPM 100s though!!?? :lurk:
  14. Moot

Happy Holidays to All

Holiday Cheer Happy Holidays to AK and everyone else who's part of this great community. All the best in 2006!! Moot :music:
  15. Moot

Portland CL, motherload perhaps?

Jay answered my email and is willing to sell the hpm's for $350.00 (like Brad said above). Just saw the suggestion of a consortial purchase and I'd be interested in helping here, but this puts a lot of effort on the locals? I'm waiting to hear back from Bozak Ron, or others who might want to...
  16. Moot

Thanks for the Update Thanks Bozak, for the update. I did email Jay about the hpm's. We'll see if he's willing to sell in segments? I can understand that he might not wish to do so. I appreciate the offer to pick up and mail if he's interested in selling the speakers. We'll see what he...
  17. Moot

I'd love those hpm 900's, but I'm guessing they're already spoken for. Like Erik I think I'd take the whole thing if I was local. I'm just on the wrong coast. :yes:
  18. Moot

Hi, my name is Paul and I'm a receiveraholic

Classy First class collection and display! :thmbsp:
  19. Moot

Lazy drivers at DHL ?

Nothing good to say about DHL here. They left a damaged tt at the end of the driveway. I'm still having 'conversations' with Customer Service. :thumbsdn:
  20. Moot

You've got to be kidding? USPS at it again.

I feel your pain. Here's what someone did to a Sansui 929 shipped to me recently. I'm still fighting this with DHL and the Audiogon seller. I'll probably never purchase another tt used. Even insured there's no guarantee you're going to get anything but spare parts after a seller and a...
  21. Moot

L300s on the Auction Floor-Scam?

Jbl L300 This guy is unbelievable. Here's another listing at the same time as the other I posted about??!! Another L300 Listing
  22. Moot

L300s on the Auction Floor-Scam?

After reading a number of informative threads here on AK about JBL, Pioneer and other great speakers I've been regularly watching to see what shows on ebay. This popped last night, disappeared and is back again this morning. I think it's a scam, but some of you might know better than I...
  23. Moot

Woogers

What we call 'dust bunnies' others refer to as Woogers (or that's what some of my research seems to indicate). Maybe the typo was really an inspired epiphany from the Audio gods? :thmbsp:
  24. Moot

C'mon!....Admit your "guilty-pleasure".

Anything by Stock/Aiken/Waterman That includes, Kylie Minogue, Bananarama, Donna Summer and Rick Astley (maybe more I can't recall?). I loved this music and I still do. It's what I jump rope to 20 minutes a day/5 days a week. :music:
  25. Moot

How fast are you ?

2005-12-07 09:03:24 EST: 32906 / 12283 Your download speed : 32906 kbps or 4113.2 KB/sec. Your upload speed : 12283 kbps or 1535.4 KB/sec. I'm at work (UW-Madison). I'll test from home tonite, which I'm sure will be much slower. :)
Back
Top Bottom