Search results

1. HBTim

Possible ADS C2000 (C1000) prototype in the making

I have been in a collaborative effort to recreate a C2000 (bass extender not in this proto). I have been given the schem for a multi purpose board that can be populated for the appropriate speaker and will allow bi-amping of the 1290/1590/1230/1530/2030 for those that DO NOT have a C2000 or...
  2. HBTim

Dumpster MC240’s and an MX110Z (and resto)

These were in Oakland. Friend of mine lives up there and sent me a link to the sale. I jumped on them as fast as I could. I offered a price I would pay and he said yes. By the time my friend got there he had people offering $5k plus… I was so anxious, but he honored what we agreed on. I was...
  3. HBTim

Going from SoCal to San Francisco and back or vice versa

I live in SoCal. I have a preamp that needs to head down from SF to me after April 7th. If no one is doing so, then I will be making a trip up and back possibly April 15th and turning around to come back same day or maybe the next and spend the night. If absolute need be, I can take my truck and...
  4. HBTim

Ambience Reference 1800 - on a gamble

As the post states, and after reading @MATT0404 ending post after an epic L2030 journey, and having a line on pair of L2030 myself, I made a very quick decision, not actually believing there was anything available for sale, and rolled the dice. Here is the pics of the ad: SOOOOOO...
  5. HBTim

B&O fun grab

Grabbed these today. Should be fun to clean them up and give a listen. Everything works… amazing in that itself! Couple of cassette belts are in order, a TT maintenance but all works great. Styli on TT is in perfect shape. That is pretty cool too. Pretty happy about the nostalgic and artsy find...
  6. HBTim

Sony CDP X777ES - Optical Anxiety

So, I have an X777ES and everything works. Plays great. Sweet… one thing, I know it is a matter of time for that laser to give in. I have a slight issue with it having trouble starting the first track every now and then. So, maybe a lense clean? Ok, don’t want to make things worse so it would be...
  7. HBTim

Impromptu So-Cal Meet Up Review

I spent Thursday after work in a fixed daze of anxiety. A worthy recipient of a seclusion room and soft walls... Story for another day. I had possibly made a critical error. How could I accommodate so much, so soon? Tomorrow was September 3rd. I had taken the day off previously to take...
  8. HBTim

Too drunk to do the write up.

At the prodding of @Greg Nal I have been entrusted and beckoned to do a write up of our impromptu So-Cal meet up. Not really a meet up. Well, we did meet, so maybe? Since it has taken me a half hour, maybe an hour… wait, what time is it…I don’t even know now, to txt this sensibly… to the point...
  9. HBTim

Speakerlab K’s? Speaker ID?

Picked up some maybe Speakerlab K or Khorn or Klipschorn clones?? I went digging around and can’t seem to find anything that matches up to what I have here. The horns have a wood mouth and possibly fiberglass from there? I have never seen those tweets and the rear access panel with all the...
  10. HBTim

Oscilloscope noob asking stupid questions

As stated, I just trying to see if I am even doing this correctly. Maybe I have some settings wrong?? If I have this correct I may have an issue with my tube amp? Anyway, here is a video link. Any help would be appreciated. Literally the very first time using a scope. Not even sure if there is a...
  11. HBTim

Good Karma Chameleon

Fist off, I wanted to find out how to even start something like this or if there is something like this already out there but can't find it in the sub forums. I have a difficult time selling gear. I would rather have someone that could benefit from what I have and not using anymore. I find it...
  12. HBTim

Need advice - what is the best way to approach?

The audio gods have smiled on me many times. I have had some fair scores and some very decent scores. But, all and all, I have now a few too many tubes amps that do not make the rotation. It make no sense to me to be sitting there doing nothing. I have a trusted back up if my others have issues...
  13. HBTim

Vertical Cornwall - Perplexed/Identify?

Hi all, picked up a pair of Vertical Cornwall’s. Did some research and understand these were decorator series as possibly center channel and also can be laid on its side. Where this gets very weird is that they were badged Cornwall ll’s. Mine are not. Also, I have not seen them with grills. Mine...
  14. HBTim

Estate sale by chance

Picked up a few things that I had no idea about but looked interesting. One was an oscilloscope that I know I wanted but not sure at 40mhz is a good one to have for audio. Really know very little about them other than I have wanted to learn. I thought for $50 bucks... let’s give it a shot. That...
  15. HBTim

Prima Luna - Advice and Opinions

Having recently purchased a PL Evo 400 integrated, and have come to the subsequent 200 plus hours, I have some insights as to my experience with it. I need some advice based on these impressions moving forward. I brought home the PL about 3 weeks ago. Immediately started getting some hours on...
  16. HBTim

WATCH OUT!! SCAM!!

Hi everyone... just wanted to make sure everyone was aware of the Valentines Day scam going on right now. I ordered my wife expensive jewelry and tube amps and speakers showed up.
  17. HBTim

ADS L1090 SoCal

With stands and nice grills... this seems like a good damn deal here. No affiliation whatsoever. https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/ele/d/mission-viejo-ads-speakers/7274182035.html
  18. HBTim

What Garrard 301 do I have here?

Well, apparently I cannot find what year mine is. There is a page I went to that lists all the years produced and trade mark identifiers for each. I know that it was at least between 1953 and 57. http://www.gramophonemuseum.com/garrard-301.html I have no clue where mine fits in. It is rimmed...
  19. HBTim

Pilot SA-232 new to me

New to me snag.... I will be previewing it Saturday on some Altec’s. I did demo it at sellers place and it sounded really really good to me but they were on mid level speakers, and really don’t even know what they are. It has been completely resto’d, recapped, and ready to go... also, seems to...
  20. HBTim

Help with a decision 604b - L250

Having never heard the JBL L250 and currently own the 604B this may be an apples and oranges conversation. My decision is that I have a bonus check and can do one of the following. A) I can get some authentic, very early, black 612 cabs for the two wonderful 604b's B) I have an opportunity to...
  21. HBTim

SX-1010 - Intermittent Channel

Need a little insight... I was playing the 1010 hard one night and noticed a channel dropped out. I turned it off and put it away thinking it would need to go to a tech. Swapped the amp with another to rule out speaker. Speaker worked fine. So, as it sat for the last few weeks I swapped it...
  22. HBTim

So’monized ADS L1590 - bi-amping and non

Hi all. Some of you may have been following the “So So So Merry Christmas” thread I started on Christmas Eve. I wanted to start a thread separate from that as to not clutter up the great info there and get a little help, advise, and encouragement as I proceed to put them back together after Mr...
  23. HBTim

Ortofon SPU GT / SME 3012 / Garrard 301

Just got the cart on the table after years of pining over a completed one. Got the table about a year ago, and the arm a few months after that. Cart showed up yesterday. For years and years of TT searching, hunting, buying, alignment, research, resonance charts, dynamic compliance charts...
  24. HBTim

Active or passive - 604b

Should I go Markwart passive or active crossover for the 604b. if active, any recommendations?
  25. HBTim

New Home - New set up

Just got a house and moved in like 2 months ago or so... finally getting around to setting up my gear. Much to the chagrin of my wife. But, it HAS to be done. It’s coming together. Fisher 400CX2 Fisher SA-100 Garrard 301 w/ SME 3012 arm 60hz platter (strobed) Ortofon SPU GT (soon to come)...
Back
Top Bottom