Search results

1. litefootdan

Did Germany make 6SN7’s

Hi guys, I was just wondering if anyone could shed any light on this pair of tubes I ran across. I got them a couple years on the common auction site and recently rediscovered that I have them. Does anyone know if any 6SN7’s were made in Germany? Can anyone identify anything about these...
  2. litefootdan

Cabinet Lining/Filling question

Hello Friends!!! I have built a cabinet called the Crystal-Menhir by Leon Huigjen. I am not exactly how to go about lining or stuffing it if it needs to be done. The cabinet is a little like the Frugal-horn style cabinet but it is different. In the Crystal-Menhir cabinet there is a slanted...
  3. litefootdan

Mystery (ESS?) Tweeters

Hello Collective AK Awesomeness. Years ago I was at a guys place buying a Yamaha CR-620 and I say a pair of speakers there that were pretty ratty but said ESS on them. I forget what model they were. Over the years the cabinets went away as I was green and didn't realize the woofers had been...
  4. litefootdan

GEC KT66 Boxes (where to buy)

Please help the dumb guy... Hi Everyone. Sorry for my ignorance but I'm looking for the correct generic box for a couple tubes I've come across. I have a couple GEC KT66's that I'd like to protect. Can anyone share a link with me on where I can buy the correct size tube box for my babies...
  5. litefootdan

Help with Grace m900

Hey Guys! I've been gifted a Grace m900 and I have a question about the signal inputs. I'm going to use it on a computer system and the easiest audio out on the back of my desktop is a 1/8 " mini stereo. If I understand the Grace m900 inputs correctly, I can use a S/PDIF input or a TOSLINK...
  6. litefootdan

The Jeff Bagby Continuum II

Today I finally finished building a pair of Continuum II's. I have to say I am very happy with them. I only had limited time to hear them and some of it was done with youtube. But I did get a chance to throw Excitable Boy on and listen to both sides, what a fantastic album. Lord help me...
  7. litefootdan

Periphery Ring thoughts, anyone tried one

Hi friends here at AK, I've recently made a worthy addition to my vinyl rig and wanted to share my impression. I am a huge fan of decware stuff and started a thread about my impression of the periphery ring I have purchased over in their vinyl forum and I'm just going to basically copy/paste...
  8. litefootdan

JBL 125a, recone attempt

Hi Guys and Gals, I think I'd like to try to re-cone a pair of my JBL 125a, one if fragged and when I got them they had both been re-foamed, but as often done, foamed on top. So I'd like to pick your brains please ;) Has anybody had good or bad luck with the re-cone kits available? Which kit...
  9. litefootdan

Tantalum caps in a crossover?!?

I opened a very interesting speaker today just to have a look see. It is a Hegeman Model 1. The main driver is driven wide open and there is a tweeter to help out. Tweeter is a Phillips sitting atop a bowl above the main driver and I can't locate a capacitor. I tried to get the Phillips off...
  10. litefootdan

Tannoy Monitor Red 15 crossover Rebuild

Hey check this out and do it if you can ;) Everything is so much better now..... http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/tannoy-monitor-red-15-crossover-question.807475/#post-11584545
  11. litefootdan

Dynaco ST-70 or Fisher 660-A

I have both of these amplifiers and I'd like to get one up to snuff. I'm just curious as to which one is generally thought of as higher on the food chain. Which amp is more dynamic, which output transformers are better, which power supply is more robust, stuff like that. I am hoping not to do...
  12. litefootdan

Tannoy Monitor Red Crossover Rebuild

Hello ;) I've been thinking of replacing the crossovers in a pair of Monitor Reds that I've had for awhile and I've come across a schematic on this website... http://www.44bx.com/tannoy/TannoyXos.html This is what the schematic looks like. Has anyone had any experience with the Monitor...
  13. litefootdan

Tannoy Monitor Red 15 crossover question

I've been thinking of replacing the crossovers in a pair of Monitor Reds that I've had for awhile and I've come across a schematic on this website... http://www.44bx.com/tannoy/TannoyXos.html This is what the schematic looks like. Has anyone had any experience with the Monitor Red...
  14. litefootdan

Tannoy 15" Red Crossover question

Quite a while ago I ran across a pair of these these drivers with crossovers but the home made cabinets that they came in didn't seem to generate any bottom end at all. I tried a couple cabinet configurations(what ever was around) but never really fell in love. For whatever reason I put them...
  15. litefootdan

Troels Gravesen Crossover question

Summonsing the collective excellence of AK here!!! I've found a couple L36's on the cheap and wanted to attempt the Gravesen crossover but I don't know what I'm doing at all. Hopefully I'll be able to get the schematic here in this post as a reference. The drivers are in parallel and I have a...
  16. litefootdan

Good dealing with tubeampking

I had a real nice transaction with tubeampking. Picked up some nice glass and can say I'd have no reservations doing it again.
  17. litefootdan

JBL 035ti repair question

Hi All, I have been trying to muster up the gumption to repair a 035ti. I took it apart and found that both voice coil leads had corroded or were fried. I hope to extend the leads so that they can reconnect with the terminals. I think I recall that voice coil wire is insulated with enamel...
  18. litefootdan

Cartridge Suggestions for AR-XA

Hello Collective AK Knowledge! Here's the score... I've come across a large record collection, I mean REALLY large. And the stuff isn't in that good a condition. Some of it I'm not even going to throw a needle on. Some of it is in decent condition though. I'd like to give lots of it a shot...
  19. litefootdan

Motorola Console Informational Booklet

Anyone want a free pamphlet for their Motorola Console? It is pretty generic but it does list elementary specs about the DD10, DD11, DD20, DD40,DD41, DD50, and DD70. It doesn't really list tube compliments, but I found it in a tube console that I no longer have and just wondered if anyone...
  20. litefootdan

Mass Loading a "The Turntable"

Hello Everyone, I have read a couple posts about Mass Loading the chassis of AR turntables and I am curious about it. Has anyone ever done it their turntable? Is there a layman's DIY guide? I'm not trying to step on anyones feet and I definitely don't want to offend Mr Morin, so please let...
  21. litefootdan

JBL LE15 gasket feeler

Hi Guys, I've got a pair of LE15's and when I removed them from the baffle, the cork gasket tore in a couple places. Does anyone know where to find gaskets that go in between the driver and the baffle? I need four in total because there are also 2 passive radiators as well. Thanks of any and...
  22. litefootdan

Turntable Tech in KC

Hi Guys and Gals Putting some feelers out there. I've got a nice Miracord 770h that has started misbehaving a bit. When it cues up on a 12" record, it drops the needle about 1/3 of the way into the first song. Also, sometimes the player just doesn't respond to its buttons at all- like...
  23. litefootdan

AR "The Turntable" Noob Question

I'm finally getting serious about truly setting up my turntable. I watched this long but very interesting video and it made me realize how much I could be missing.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQDa7suJn64 The first two things he says need to be in order are the "pivot to spindle"...
  24. litefootdan

Vta sp14

I'm so very happy to share that my kit has been completed and is up and running. It sounds very good. I don't really have any other thoughts about it except to say that it lives up to its claims.
  25. litefootdan

Hartley Concertmaster IV Question

Hi All, I have a pair of these delightful speakers but I have a problem. The amplifier I prefer in not quite powerful enough (especially if the wine is flowing). What I consider doing is to biamp them, but I do not understand crossover theory or application. I consider splitting my preamp...
Back
Top Bottom