Search results

1. Boonaroo

Open Baffle Epiphany!

Saw these on a FB page and had to post some pics. "Here is my first try to build open baffle speakers... next to my old B&W 800 What do you think? "
  2. Boonaroo

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Not quite sure yet. The Classe Thirty pre can accept either MM or MC. I currently have an older AT that I will start with.
  3. Boonaroo

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Setting up my 'new system' and it will include my Kenwood KD-770D. I purchased it new in 85.
  4. Boonaroo

Smaller version of Bose 301 for "sound everywhere"?

Mirage has a line of speakers that might fit. You can find OmniSats on the used market. They are a much better speaker than Bose!!!
  5. Boonaroo

Frank Zappa’s personal Accuphase P 300 amplifier

Not sure of the validity, but a cool story. I will post the most important pics. Appears sold and no affiliation!!!![ https://collegestation.craigslist.org/ele/d/college-station-sold-frank-zappas/7696834651.html Offered for sale on craigslist and Facebook marketplace prior to listing on eBay...
  6. Boonaroo

Recognize this gear?

Looks like MCS stuff from JC Penny. The TTable is probably a Technics along with the other components. Looks like a P-mount cartridge.
  7. Boonaroo

Speakers with questionable "upgrades"... post your findings here.

These JBL L100 III were promising until the last picture!!!
  8. Boonaroo

New listening room coming together

Nice room and equipment. I have a bigger set of the NHT VT series that I have bi-wired. I could do the bi-amp option with a new amp I should get today. I had planned to use it to power the new wide front speakers in my 9.2 system. Is there any noticeable improvement bi-amping when you have a...
  9. Boonaroo

DESIGN ACOUSTICS. PS-3 Speakers. Are they any good?

I have a pair of PS-3s in use right now. They are background speakers in our kitchen. It is a well built little speaker with a solid wood cabinet and decent drivers. IIRC it uses a 3.5" rubber surround woofer and a polycarbonate dome tweeter. They were designed, maybe even sold with a sub to...
  10. Boonaroo

Today’s dump picks: Score or snore?

If you kept any of the lot, NAD is a keeper along with the head demagnetizer. You could flip them individually better and for more if you decide to part with them.
  11. Boonaroo

Marantz 2600 Receiver - Austin, TX WOW!!!!

https://austin.craigslist.org/ele/d/round-rock-marantz-2600-receiver/7637031093.html I have only owned one Marantz before and liked it. If I had that kind of coin laying around and wanted the starship, that would be mine by now LOL. I am sure it won't last very long once word gets out.
  12. Boonaroo

Newform Research R645 V1 - $1200

I live close to the seller. He has it listed as PENDING so if you want them you better hurry unless it is you @Mingo
  13. Boonaroo

Any subwoofer recommendations?

While this might not fit your configuration requirements, it certrainly is one to consider in respect to budget and specs. I am considering it for my main video system because of the preliminary reviews before it's public release. The RSL Speedwoofer 12S. Based on the reviews, the impact is...
  14. Boonaroo

Sansui stack powered by AU 517

Nice stack. I always wanted a Sansui AU amp but never got a chance. Back in college I sold a ton of that line of JBLs and the 350s were my favorite. You don't see them that often.
  15. Boonaroo

Speakers with questionable "upgrades"... post your findings here.

Post says 'Modified Klipsch r820- f speakers.' I say RUINED!!!!
  16. Boonaroo

Any experience with Definitive Technology mythos sts towers?

I have a few vintage DT speakers that I really like. I have always been impressed with their built quality and how they seem to got decent bass out of small drivers. I have a center and satellites from the mythos line that I have paired with some BP-8's in a surround system in our bedroom. It...
  17. Boonaroo

NHT Fans, opinions Wanted.

I have been a fan of NHT for quite a while. About 4 years ago a pair of VT1.4's and a matching center popped up so I grabbed them. I found 4 Super Zeros to round out a nice surround system. The 1.4's are bipolar if you want or can be switched off for music listening.
  18. Boonaroo

Design Acoustic’s PS-5s

I have that system. It is a nice sub/sat setup and one that initiated the trend back in the 80's. The sub is probably going to be hard to find alone, but I would start on eBay. The subwoofer is a dual voice-coil design with the crossover inside the enclosure. There are a few options on how to...
  19. Boonaroo

Question about setup

Welcome to AK. This is a welcoming place and hope you find my questions and answers helpful. 1st question. What is your ultimate goal with this system? The Onkyo receiver is primarily a audio/video receiver (AVR). I use a top of the line Onkyo in my livingroom system that has multiple sources...
  20. Boonaroo

OldSoul’s Current College Setup

Way better than what I had in my dorm in the 80"s. Same vintage but current at the time. Even tho my stuff was from reputable companies, it was on the bottom end of the spectrum of their line. Technics, Pioneer and Realistic made some good entry level and up the line stuff. Your receiver is a...
  21. Boonaroo

where do you start? front? back? or middle?

It really doesn't matter where you start, it is about the journey!! If you are on a limited budget, start looking at local marketplace listings and craigslist ads. If you see something that interests you, do some research and THEN ask questions. Speakers are pretty straight forward. Listen to...
  22. Boonaroo

Pioneer CT-F900 Stereo Cassette Deck S/E TX

This looks promising for someone with skills looking to add to their Pioneer floro kit. https://killeen.craigslist.org/ele/d/kempner-pioneer-ct-f900-stereo-cassette/7500742361.html My father-in-law lives close so I look there. It would take some work if you aren't close or can't work with the...
  23. Boonaroo

Which player would sound best?

If you are really limited on space and want a nice vintage piece to play tunes, the Webcor is a nice looking piece and probably more solid than the Philips. Nothing is detachable and looks like a nice suitcase when closed. If you have a bit of extra room, people here at AK will try and convince...
  24. Boonaroo

best way to upgrade electronics for newly acquired psb speakers

If you are debating between the 2 brands and are concerned with age, this option might solve a number of your concerns you addressed. It is a bit more than your current budget, but it offers options you would need to spend additional funds on in the future should you want to add other formats...
Back
Top Bottom