Search results

1. geartech

What are you drinking now?

New Belgium 1554! Happy Thanksgiving!
  2. geartech

IS THERE ANYONE IN/NEAR LINCOLN, NE THAT CAN HELP JBLGUY ??

Great to hear you're getting better John! Git -r-dun!
  3. geartech

Posting in the private chat about this, I can get down there tomorrow I think.
  4. geartech

Hell I just saw this now. I just skimmed through it quick. Hang in there JBLguy, and if I can help let me know, I'm in Omaha. I have a friend in the hospital in Lincoln, so I'm sure I'll be down there, soon. SPL db, et al, let me know too if there is something I can do. On the house thing...
  5. geartech

Yamaha CR2020 Lamps

On those, the whole radio dial is not lighted - just the dial pointer...
  6. geartech

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Stan Getz Sweet Rain Verve 1967 and yes, its raining And...I need to order that MK LP...
  7. geartech

Today's Blues Playlist

BB King L.A. Midnight 1972
  8. geartech

Today's Blues Playlist

Freddie King Burglar 1974
  9. geartech

What the heck are these!?!?!

I had no idea they were still around. Shows you what I know! I know they aren't where I remember them being, they were on 114th and Dodge, at the end of that shopping center, close to where the McD's is, if I'm remembering it right. Looks to be in Millard now, I'll be damned.
  10. geartech

What the heck are these!?!?!

Well - Niver Electronics was a higher end local electronics store, here in Omaha. Haven't been around in an age. I do remember going there in the mid 80's and drooling over some things I couldn't afford at the time, I was about 17. The feeling I have from what I remember about that store, I...
  11. geartech

Group Buy Thunderon Antistatic Brush?

I would go in on one of those...
  12. geartech

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Bob Weir & Rob Wasserman Live
  13. geartech

Why do you like to collect...

J Geils Band case in point...J Geils band on vinyl. First they had two albums plus a live album and Atlantic must have liked what they had - perhaps giving them a new deal. Which makes sense as they were great. But if you look for the original pressings of the next albums, you'll find its...
  14. geartech

Why do you like to collect...

Its all about the music...but not always. What other reasons do like a certain band's releases in general, or vinyl? or a producer? or a record company's? I always liked the Black Crowes putting rarities on B sides and different versions, and all kinds of releases. Or the artwork of...
  15. geartech

Long overdue feedback...

Just want to say thanks to all the people I've bought items from on AK over the last few years. I have not always taken the time to post feedback and for that I apologize, but have always had a pleasant transaction. Especially to vinyl sellers lately like Northwinds, and Karmices and...
  16. geartech

Huge thumbs up for Yggdrasill

Thanks to Yggdrasill for the Yamaha speakers, great condition and great speakers. But really huge thanks for shipping these beasts and taking the time in a busy schedule to do it right... 65 pounds each half way across the country and perfectly done. I thought I was a good packager but I've...
  17. geartech

Truck Battery Runs Down When Parked

The way jbrainey states with the 12V test light in between the ground cable and ground post, is how I start with a battery draw, or being suspect of one. In other words remove the neg cable and put test light in the path. Make sure there are not any doors open (dome light on) and/or pull the...
  18. geartech

Ak could really use your support

$25 your way...
  19. geartech

Help fix the 6200?

Does your service manual describe how to adjust the lead-in? I too would think all three would be off if the adjustment of the lead-in was off, but maybe it has more info.
  20. geartech

Help fix the 6200?

I had an Akai table that gave me fits, it was CEC design as I think that is too so maybe this relevant. There was a white plastic timing cam that was cracked, and the D shape of the drive hole in it was opening up and it was spinning on the shaft when it wasn't supposed to. I think it had a...
  21. geartech

Hello from, where...

Corb Lund reference - excellent! Welcome!
  22. geartech

Is this a bad idea..

I like it...would be fun. They call that 'patina' now anyway. The rust up here is much worse. The only thing that strikes me is the different color white of the bed, at least it seems so in the pictures - and its not as rusty/patina'd as the bumper/tailgate. If it was repaired right, not a...
Back
Top Bottom